For Sale - 1980 XS650 Hardtail PMA/Pamco/Sparx nice bike

bbillington

blorp a dorp dorp
Reaction score
First off, I did not build this bike, it came to me in trade. I did a few minor things to it, but it is as the previous owner built it, and very much still "his" bike which I've had less than a week. It was pretty clear when we made the trade that I would be selling the bike.

That said, it's a nice little hardtail. The work he did seems quite good, including a pretty neat custom seat mount for the solo, and the bars (1" controls) that he made himself. He's an aspiring builder and wanted to get into a Harley, and I had a trade offer that appealed to him.

Bike is kick only, has a PMA, Pamco, and a capacitor. It could stand to be jetted for the pods and pipes. I'll order a set of jets for it and those will either be installed before the bike goes or go with the bike depending.

The frame is powdercoated and so is much of the rest of the bike. Controls are 1" modern sportster. Wiring was well done. Key switch and two light-up flip switches for lights/hi beam. Tires are decent.

He wasn't happy with the gasket kit he used when he put the motor together. Some oil seepage but not on the ground.

Personally? I'd take it back to foot shift since it's one less thing to think about when riding what is a really fun little bike. I rode it for an hour yesterday and really like it. This bike will not disappoint.

I'm just outside of DC and I'm asking 3000$ for it. If you hate the tank and rear fender, match the asking price and I'll give you another peanut tank and a trailer fender and you can make it more your own.

8532370272_18df12a185_b.jpg

8531261511_7b1e92b9fc_b.jpg

8531261829_cf604c0479_b.jpg

8532372274_33e9ea5929_b.jpg

contact me via email bryan (dot) billington @ gmail. calm

or via this lovely establishment

Back