For Sale - 1983 xs650 Heritage Spec. / part or project bike

Status
Not open for further replies.

willis

xsive compulsive disorder
Top Contributor
XS650.com Supporter
Reaction score
1983 xs650 Heritage Special. I bought this for a parts bike, but I no longer need it. This would be an excellent candidate for a chopper or cafe build. Bike has 24,900 miles on the clock. Previous owner stated it ran well when parked two years ago, but was parked due to a broken chain & sprocket. I have the broken pieces with the bike so I believe this to be true, but I have never heard this bike run. I have cleaned and inspected the cases to be sure it was not damaged when the chain broke. I removed the carbs and inspected and cleaned them. They would need synced and tuned. Inside of tank is also in good condition. Motor is free and kicks over well. Seat is in decent shape with only minor tears on bottom edge.

I have found that the bike needs the following pieces: chain / sprockets, front brake line, rear brake linkage and adjustment rod, clutch cable, air filters, starter has been removed but I have it.

This was posted previously, but I was able to put some time into it this weekend putting parts back on and minor cleaning. updated pictures also included.

Clean title in hand in my name. Bike is for sale for local pickup only. I will not ship or part the bike out. Not interested in trades. $500.

Attachments

• xs650-8.jpg
    xs650-8.jpg
    315.3 KB · Views: 98
  • xs650-9.jpg
    xs650-9.jpg
    319.1 KB · Views: 105
  • xs650 sprocket.jpg
    xs650 sprocket.jpg
    292.4 KB · Views: 96
Status
Not open for further replies.