For Sale - 2005 Harley Sportster XL 1200- LOW MILES!

Status
Not open for further replies.

erklep

XS650 Guru
Reaction score
2005 XL1200

2005 sporty-11k miles
-super e carb
-modified brake and clutch levers
-relocated coil and ignition and reroute wires
-new petcock
- mid controls with rubber pegs
-side mount speedometer
-black kung fu grips
-cafe mirror
-run/turn/brake controller- (2 rear bullet lights act as brake lights, turn signals and running lamps combined)
-custom dual straight drag pipes
-wrapped in high heat resistant wrap
-sidemount plate bracket
-hot rod mesh air cleaner
-shorty rear fender
-flush mount indicator riser clamp
-stainless braided front brake line
-super e choke lever
-new headlight and custom mount
-breather filter for breather crossover
-new exhaust studs and gaskets
-fresh plugs and wires
-carb rebuild including new needle and seat for s&s carb
-lowered
-RK 12in adjustable air shocks
-adjustable lowering blocks
-new battery-7/24/14
-carb tuned
Located in southern NJ (20 mins from Philadelphia)
NEW PRICE- $4950

Last edited:
Goddammit dude I can't believe you haven't sold this yet...one of the best/clean/well-sorted Sporty's I've seen in a while...exactly how I'd do it too...clean/form follows function no bullshit.

I even liked it with your "old" handlebar set up you had on it, but sold...ha.

Wish I was closer. I would snap this up. Good luck on the sale.

Its a very nice bike but there are just so many nice sportsters here in NJ/PA/NY going for cheap that its hard to sell nice bikes.My buddy just sold a 2004 Red sportster for $4250.00 and I bought a 2001 for $2500.00 right near you in Pitman. Its a shame have a really nice bike and can't get the money for it. Look on NJ Craigslist there are tons. Hope you get your price.

Goddammit dude I can't believe you haven't sold this yet...one of the best/clean/well-sorted Sporty's I've seen in a while...exactly how I'd do it too...clean/form follows function no bullshit.

I even liked it with your "old" handlebar set up you had on it, but sold...ha.

Wish I was closer. I would snap this up. Good luck on the sale.

Thanks man! I appreciate the kind words. How about I buy you a plane ticket to come out and grab her?? :D

Its a very nice bike but there are just so many nice sportsters here in NJ/PA/NY going for cheap that its hard to sell nice bikes.My buddy just sold a 2004 Red sportster for $4250.00 and I bought a 2001 for $2500.00 right near you in Pitman. Its a shame have a really nice bike and can't get the money for it. Look on NJ Craigslist there are tons. Hope you get your price.

Its true. Seems the market here has really dwindled in the past few years. Guys are asking and getting crazy money for rotted barn bikes but a clean, reliable daily sporty gets lowballed and guys are forced to sell them for pennies just to move them it seems. Thanks for the input and compliments. Hopefully with the warm weather around the corner someone will appreciate her and take her home.
If I can land a place with a garage when I move in the fall and I still have her, shes coming with me to the west coast!:bike:

Good luck with it,I am in the same boat as you with selling. Put my xs up and within 2 hours it was a ton of emails....sporty "hey man take 1200 bucks?" I have a rule,if it doesnt sell,will just turn it into a project sometime...lol.Good luck on it tho,nice looking bike.

That's true I try to build and sell 2 bikes a year and you answer more emails about the bike than offers. I have built close to 50 XS 650 choppers and in the boom they sold but now you have to be smart and not put a ton of money in one because you will not get the money. There is a guy who has the nicest XS650 build I have seen in PENN. and it pops up on CL all the time. He started at $8.000 then $7,000 now the last time I seen it for $6,000 and it won't go for that even that it is a great looking bike. Dealers stepped up there program and make some nice looking bikes. Go put $500.00 down and you ride away with a nice bike. HARLEY came out with a cheap 750 that looks cool. I would take that bike to the west coast and you will get the money for it. Too nice to give it away.

Good luck with it,I am in the same boat as you with selling. Put my xs up and within 2 hours it was a ton of emails....sporty "hey man take 1200 bucks?" I have a rule,if it doesnt sell,will just turn it into a project sometime...lol.Good luck on it tho,nice looking bike.
exactly! If its not a big twin, its worthless to the general public. Projects are great but in my situation(or new-future situation) I wont have a place to wrench for a while so I will be unloading my toys and tools or storing them until my situation changes. Good luck with your sale as well!

That's true I try to build and sell 2 bikes a year and you answer more emails about the bike than offers. I have built close to 50 XS 650 choppers and in the boom they sold but now you have to be smart and not put a ton of money in one because you will not get the money. There is a guy who has the nicest XS650 build I have seen in PENN. and it pops up on CL all the time. He started at $8.000 then $7,000 now the last time I seen it for $6,000 and it won't go for that even that it is a great looking bike. Dealers stepped up there program and make some nice looking bikes. Go put $500.00 down and you ride away with a nice bike. HARLEY came out with a cheap 750 that looks cool. I would take that bike to the west coast and you will get the money for it. Too nice to give it away.
I know you from over at TCU. I used to work over at Liberty Vintage in Fishtown. I was working under Troy and building bikes(lots of XS's as well). The days of grabbing a barn bike with a clean title/neck for 50-100 are long gone and the hopes of making a few hundred bikes, let alone breaking even are gone too! Its a shame that nobody is willing to respect the time and effort that goes into a proper build and give you a decent buck. Not that this sporty is full custom like our Fishtown builds were but it still took a significant initial investment, time and money to get it how it is. Again, I appreciate the kind words and if I can find a place to store her, shes coming with!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back