Wanted - 650 engine

JDS1

XS650 Enthusiast
Reaction score
I'm building a bobber from a 73 tx650. The engine was seized so I'm working on the top end. The roller is coming along much quicker than I thought it would and I thought if I could find a nice running 650 engine I could get it together even sooner. So if anyone has a extra nicely running 650 for sale preferably in Michigan I'd love to hear from you.

Thanks.....Ben

I have a 78 650 special that I did a lot of engine work over last spring. I'm in Belleville IL (not sure how long of a drive that might be for you) and I just want it gone. The engine runs great, but I just had a few oil leak problems that I could not stand any longer. I decided to make this my 72 volt Electric propulsion project so the engine has got to go. If you feel like making a road trip pm me and we can work out the details. Thanks, Jazzyrigged.

I really appreciate the reply. I checked out the mileage and it is just over 500 miles, that's a pretty hefty road trip. A couple of years ago I had to drive every week to St. Louis. I'll have to check to see if I have any contacts that head that way regularly.

Thanks..........Ben

Hi if JDS1 is not interested, I would be. What part of Il are you? I am from Iowa. PM me with details on the oil leaks and what you are asking. Thanks

Just wanted to put it out there that I'm still looking for a nice engine. I found one here in Michigan but my damn work schedule wouldn't let me jump on it. Next time I'll send the money then go get it. So if anyone knows of one in Michigan I'd appreciate it.