"8.1:1 Memorial Patch" ??

looks good to me Teebs, reading back through Johns posts he does not refer to the mod as.....8.1:1..... it is plain .......8.1.....

Attachments

• 8-1 compression.jpg
    8-1 compression.jpg
    134.2 KB · Views: 207
  • head gasket prep 2.jpg
    head gasket prep 2.jpg
    150 KB · Views: 225
Awesome, nice work all! I think I'd prefer the practicality of the white on black design. All that white would be a dirt magnet!
Teebs, could you humour me & try
8:1......... &
.......8:1.......
:cheers:

I know that if you're saying a # to # ratio, it should be written as #:#, so 8:1 at least here in the states. I definitely don't want to get into an argument of semantics, since I really don't care and I don't think John would either. So either 8-1 or 8:1 is good with me, since we all know what it refers to anyway. Tell me what ya want and I'll do it. I'd prefer the black too for the same reason. Also looks better on my leather.

I'm not home at the moment......I'll fix it tomorrow......I did it that way first too......

Hi Guys,

You guys are fantastic! I think we have a patch---I like the black, also. The details are necessary but secondary to the purpose. If someone needs to ask what 8-1 (or 8:1) means, it is an opportunity to tell them about John. I'll get a phone number for Bonnie and a unit cost estimate and post them shortly.

Oh, one thing: are we allowed to use the tuning-fork logo or is it copyrighted? That seems to be my only concern with the design. (Probably Yamaha doesn't care anyway, but just to be safe....)

I'll post a phone number as soon as I can get in touch with Bonnie.

Oh, and Teebs---if you want to send me the file, I will be seeing Bonnie next weekend for a camp-n-ride. If you need an address, please pm me and I will send it to you ASAP. And thanks--that's a cool design!

Barb, I can just PM the .dst file right on here and you can put it on a disc or flash drive or whatnot, (or you could probably email it straight to Bonnie.) if that would be easier for you. I'll do the black one and get the digitizing done no later than Wednesday. I'll get it to you as soon as I get it back. There shouldn't be a copyright infringement issue as this is being done not-for-profit. People one-off that emblem all the time and Yamaha doesn't go after them, so no worries.

You're welcome. This is a community effort. I'm glad to be a part of it.

YES! Excellant job to all!
8:1 is cool, black background is a go, life dates instead of RIP is excellant, patch design w/Yam logo is aces and a picture is worth a thousand words, (thank you Teebs!)
I'll take 2~

OK, so this is the final:

Should have the .dst taken care of in a day or two.

Attachments

• john_001.jpg
    john_001.jpg
    28.4 KB · Views: 219
Just to keep everybody in the loop, I received the .dst file and posted it to my website yesterday. I also sent Barb a PM with a link to the file. I checked out the digitized image on a trial version of some embroidery software. It looked good so far as I can tell (having no experience with embroidery.)

I also priced the patches on a few internet patch sites to get an idea of possible cost. One company that I've done business with before can do them for approximately $6.50 per patch. A rather good price considering it's a one-off and a short run (less than 30 so far.)

Just to keep everybody in the loop, I received the .dst file and posted it to my website yesterday. I also sent Barb a PM with a link to the file. I checked out the digitized image on a trial version of some embroidery software. It looked good so far as I can tell (having no experience with embroidery.)

I also priced the patches on a few internet patch sites to get an idea of possible cost. One company that I've done business with before can do them for approximately $6.50 per patch. A rather good price considering it's a one-off and a short run (less than 30 so far.)
knitting and crotchet man no doubt

Hi Guys,

Teebs, I forwarded your link to Bonnie, and it will work just fine. She also thinks that the cost will be in the neighborhood of $5.00 each---not too shabby, huh? As soon as she can get going on them, we will need to set a cut-off date for ordering, but I'm sure she will be flexible on that.

Anyone wanting to order and have a patch, please order through the other thread, and I will make certain you get your patch.

I have yet to set up Paypal, but will prevail upon a good friend who already has an active account, so those who want to pay via Paypal can do so. I'll arrange for everyone else to either send me a check, or mail it directly to Bonnie, whichever she would prefer.

It feels good to be a part of this, like it is the right thing to do. I like that!

Hi Guys,

Just an update. I spoke with Bonnie while our group was camping in the shadow of Mt. St. Helen's (Yes, *that* St. Helen's) and she will be doing the patches in about a week. She foresees no problems, and I will let everyone know when they are finished. She didn't want any money up front, which I thought was pretty cool of her.

I'm going to get several extra patches made up, but if you haven't indicated that you want one (or more), please post on the "order" thread.

As soon as I have the patches in hand I will post, and PM everyone who has ordered with my home address. If you will send me a mailing address I will send along however many patches you've ordered. Assuming you like the patch, you can send me a check, or throw a bill in an envelope and hope for the best.

Does anyone have a name and/or address of John's next-of-kin? Perhaps they would like a patch, or at least to know that we are remembering him this way? Just a thought...

Thanks, Guys.

Barb, I'll get in touch with John's friend Paul. John's wife told Paul to contact John's online friends and tell us what happened. Paul seems like the person this should be directed to.

Back