For Sale - '81 xs650

waycoolsportster

XS650 Enthusiast
Reaction score
I have an '81 XS650 I bought for a project a few months ago. Bike is currently not running. Bike starts and runs briefly on a shot of starting fluid, but that is it. The previous owner claims to have rebuilt the motor and I can see it has new gaskets but the extent of the rebuild is unknown. I have thoroughly cleaned the carbs and thought that would get it running but it didn't. If you go through and read my posts you'll find that at one point the bike was leaking oil from the filter housing, that was caused from a mis-aligned oil pump (I assume during the rebuild) and has been fixed. From what I have been told on here bike might need valve adjustment, cam chain adjustment...could be a lot of things but I don't know. Not gonna misrepresent anything about this bike...could be an easy fix or a pile of shit...I don't know, just being honest. Bike will need a chain a battery and a petcock. I have all of these new but will not be selling them with the bike. Bike has a clean Indiana title. Asking $500, pretty firm on that...I can part the bike out and get that much if not more. Sorry for the lengthy post, just want to list everything I know so far about this bike. I would keep it but I have other projects coming and need the space right now!!

where is cornfields? got a pic?

Where in Indiana isn't Cornfields?

And yes I do calculate the cost of a build in beer cans. I also think the beer can method is a very good way to rate the diffeculty of a project.
"It takes 3 beers to change the rear wheel bearings on average" - that should be in the service manuals.

But seriously, where are you at? I live in Evansville and would like to see the bike or pos