Almost done!

remainincognito

XS650 Addict
Reaction score
77' xs650...almost finished. I have a little more progress than what you see in the pic. Electronics box is added,forward controls are connected,throttle tube and clutch is on and wiring is complete with bike running. Hopefully riding this weekend.

full

- welcome...nice lines...this woulld be a good candidate for a set of gordon scotts high sitting pipes

Thanks everybody. I have a problem with gas coming out of the right exhaust pipe and the plug when pulled is soaked with gas. I have pulled the carbs and cleaned and checked all. Any others I should be checking?

The float valve is probably leaking and letting fuel run down into that cylinder. Or the floats are adjusted wrong.

Pull the carbs and set them upside down on the bench. Pull the bowls off the bottom and measure the distance from the carb body to the bottom of the floats. Should be in the 24mm neighborhood(someone doublecheck me on that number). Also look for dirt in that little needle valve that the floats control.

Wait, you have fuel in the exhaust? That just sound like that plug isn't firing. You can pull the plug, plug it in, ground it against something metal to see if it's sparking. If you just let the plug dangle you could burn up your coil.

The carbs Mikuni vm36 and I do have spark on that plug. The float heights look the same but will check with a better tool.

Back