Am I the only one?

Ranking right up there is when the supermarket, that you know inside out, decides to update, doubles its size, and re-arranges absolutely everything to a new layout that bears no resemblance to the old one.
It's turned a quick ten-minute zoom around the shop into a 45 minute episode of sheer hell, as my back is killing me by the time I'm done. And then I still have to load it all up and unload back home.
Bastards.

Ranking right up there is when the supermarket, that you know inside out, decides to update, doubles its size, and re-arranges absolutely everything to a new layout that bears no resemblance to the old one.
It's turned a quick ten-minute zoom around the shop into a 45 minute episode of sheer hell, as my back is killing me by the time I'm done. And then I still have to load it all up and unload back home.
Bastards.
Preach it, Brother!

Last time my local supermarket did a reset, I commented to the cashier saying "You only do that so we wander around looking for all the stuff we always buy and you're hoping we'll buy a bunch of new stuff we never paid any attention to before."

I got this "You're not supposed to catch on to that" look...

Yup, that's a technique the supermarkets use. They do that in Asda, re-arrange the store and shift the stuff around. So I find a staffer and greet them with 'Well, and where have they hidden the coleslaw this time?'

Sometimes, they come back with, 'I don't know either - I'll call customer services, get them to look it up and then I'll come and have a look with you.'

Last edited:
Add me to the list. My SLR camera is still out of action due to the charging unit not being where I left it.

Top this. My trip to NZ At Christmas. Drove 1600klm to my daughter's, (in Brisbane), for 3 days before catching the plane to NZ. Daughter drove me to the airport, went in, put the passport into the machine to get my ticket..............passport out of date.........can't b right got it renewed 12 months previous.

Ring daughter, come back.

When I left home to drive to Brisbane I just grabbed the passport without looking at it. I had 2 in the same spot. An old one and the, (I thought) new one. Turns out the new one is also an old one, after my unintended Christmas at my daughters, (which was lovely by the way), and got home to check the passports, it appears I have put my current passport in a real safe place only known to the Chinese person who frequents my house. Sum Cu%#.

Couldn't claim insurance because it was in the 24 hour period before the flight......

Preach it, Brother!

Last time my local supermarket did a reset, I commented to the cashier saying "You only do that so we wander around looking for all the stuff we always buy and you're hoping we'll buy a bunch of new stuff we never paid any attention to before."

I got this "You're not supposed to catch on to that" look...
When you complain to the cashier about the re-arranged layout and your longer walking time and increased pain levels, feel free to add that this approach does NOT make you want to buy more stuff because of the negative effect on your health. They need to hear this feedback to understand what their tactics are doing to actual customers.

Back