Another xs horse in the stable

2XSive

At least one screw loose behind the handle bars
Top Contributor
XS650.com Supporter
Reaction score
JimD encouraged me to post this, so here goes. Couldn't pass it up. On Craigslist for less than an hour. Completely stock/original 79 Special with 11k on the clock. Runs really good and idles nice. Tank is nice and clean. I'm told I am the third owner now. Definitely needs some TLC, but these all-stockers are getting harder to come by. You can tell the motor was never opened up. Will sit in my garage til I can get to it as next winter's project. Wife questioning why I have so many XS's in the garage, LoL. Is there such a thing as having too many? Time to hunt for a 72 or 73 to round out the stable, and do my best to reach 50% of what Mailman has accomplished on his.

Attachments

• 79 XS 3-20-19.jpg
    79 XS 3-20-19.jpg
    200.9 KB · Views: 95
Haha I saw those a week or so ago. What's taken ya so long?

Sweet!! Doesn't look like it needs much beyond cleaning and regular maintenance.

Well, here's where my OCD tendencies kick-in. Yes, it could be a great runner with just some cleaning and maintenance, but then I look at it and say man that would look good with a new paint job and some polished aluminum. But then again, patina patina.

Trying to change my pack-rat ways:laughing:! Keep looking around to see if I could SQUEEZE in a couple more.
My wife is calling it an addiction. Is there such a thing as an XS-Anonymous group? I have a sign in my garage that reads "cars move your body, motorcycles move the soul." Gonna put a "XS650" in front of that "motorcycles" line. nuff said.

Nice score.... ya didn't say what you paid.. ?... I need another m/c like a massive cardiac arrest.. but.. I'd be hard press'd to pass on it...

Last edited:
Nice score.... ya didn't say what you paid.. ?... I need another m/c like a massive cardiac arrest.. but.. I'd be hard press'd to pass on it...
Paid $1k even. Probably over-paid a bit, but it was in good enough shape that I knew I could flip it for a buck if I wanted to. Wasn't really looking for one, but didn't want to pass this up. Seller came down on price enough to justify it.

Back