battery elimination

mikeweyandt18

XS650 Member
Reaction score
i have a 81 xs650 that i have put a hard tail on, and i was wondering if i can put one of those battery eliminators on the bike to save some space. im not shure if the bike needs a battery to charge or not,

Your bike has to have a battery to run. As Drew said you will need to convert your charging system to a Permanent Magnet system aka, Banshee Swap. Worth every penny too.

Is your bike running now? if so, how is the charging system? If it hasn't croaked yet, it will. Trust me, If you go with the PM swap, you will NEVER look back. After you source all the parts you need, or order a kit from Punkskalar, it takes no time to install. Getting the old JUNK off takes longer.

Ditto on all points. The PM conversion is at the top of the list for improvements to the XS. Want easy? Buy the kit from Punkskalar, it has eveything you need, along with great customer service!!

Is your bike running now? if so, how is the charging system? If it hasn't croaked yet, it will. Trust me, If you go with the PM swap, you will NEVER look back. After you source all the parts you need, or order a kit from Punkskalar, it takes no time to install. Getting the old JUNK off takes longer.

Back