Beeline Moto navigation

jetmechmarty

Project collector
Top Contributor
XS650.com Supporter
Reaction score
71667707144__94856ADA-311D-49AB-B586-CBC07CFF55E5.jpeg

I met this young motorcyclist on the Natchez Trace while returning from Townsend. He was riding a brand new RE Birmingham-Vicksburg-Birmingham.

He showed my his navigator after seeing me looking at a paper map. “You memorize the route and look for signs?” He seemed surprised. It looks far less distracting than a regular GPS.

Are any of you folks running it? Comments?

https://beeline.co/products/beeline-moto?variant=12526877966445

He showed my his navigator after seeing me looking at a paper map. “You memorize the route and look for signs?” He seemed surprised. It looks far less distracting than a regular GPS.
Its funny how this is such a strange concept to these younger folks. I much prefer paper maps and traditional navigation over GPS any day, especially trail riding, etc...

I like to be able to get the lay of the land in my head generally. The exception being in a vehicle on a long boring road trip, then GPS comes in handy for gas stops, off ramps, etc...

Its funny how this is such a strange concept to these younger folks. I much prefer paper maps and traditional navigation over GPS any day, especially trail riding, etc...

I like to be able to get the lay of the land in my head generally. The exception being in a vehicle on a long boring road trip, then GPS comes in handy for gas stops, off ramps, etc...
One of the things I contend with in Mississippi is the complete lack of signs. They’re more often missing than not. Fine for riding about aimlessly. However…..

Fortnine did a video about moto gps options, the Beeline wasn't favored
Thanks. Just what I was looking for. Beeline may be appropriate for my needs. Because I’m not excited about my phone on my vibrating bars. It’s in my small tank bag anyway. I can’t see the bag with a chin bar on my head. Based upon that minimal criteria….
It’s a display for my phone. Clarified.

My single biggest complaint, especially on a phone, is the lack of the Big Picture. By the time I scroll around looking for something, I get so confused I can't find the starting point again. A paper map lets me get a feel for the area and also lets ME decide if the GPS is picking the best route.

My singled biggest complaint, especially on a phone, is the lack of the Big Picture. By the time I scroll around looking for something, I get so confused I can't find the starting point again. A paper map lets me get a feel for the area and also lets ME decide if the GPS is picking the best route.
Yes, I’m just fine doing it the old fashioned way. I’ll even memorize a route using Google maps on my PC. Again, my issue is lack of signage. You must either know exactly where you’re going or use GPS. Otherwise, lotsa luck!

Back