BS34 Jetting

Deelej

XS650 Member
Reaction score
Hi guys hoping someone can help me I'm just putting the finishing touches to my xs. I've had it running and then I got the carbs balanced. When carbs were balanced they were also up jetted. I have straight pipes and 2 pod filters. When you receive the bike it pops and bangs and fires flames out of the exhaust mainly the the but it does do it out of the left aswell when I went to start it the other day I couldn't get it to start I checked the plugs and they were thick black. Guessing that it's been over fuelling. What I'm wondering is this cos it's been up jetted too high or could it be something else? I've ordered some standard jets is it worth putting them in when they turn up and seeing how they run?

The carbs have been stripped and cleaned a couple of times now aswell.

Thanks james

Attachments

• IMG_20170602_192137.jpg
    IMG_20170602_192137.jpg
    84.7 KB · Views: 148
Have you read through the XS650 Garage Carburetor Guide? Excellent information. http://www.amckayltd.com/carbguide.pdf

Other good threads referenced under the Tech Section.

Do you know specifics on what the current jetting is increased to?

I recently concluded my choke plungers were not fully seating from the return spring. After fully releasing the cable choke I could still move them in just a bit. I had suddenly started to foul plugs after and chased through the electrical and ignition.

Best of luck it gets frustrating some time but remain methodical and keep notes of what you have done.

Hi guys hoping someone can help me I'm just putting the finishing touches to my xs. I've had it running and then I got the carbs balanced. When carbs were balanced they were also up jetted. I have straight pipes and 2 pod filters. When you receive the bike it pops and bangs and fires flames out of the exhaust mainly the the but it does do it out of the left aswell when I went to start it the other day I couldn't get it to start I checked the plugs and they were thick black. Guessing that it's been over fuelling. What I'm wondering is this cos it's been up jetted too high or could it be something else? I've ordered some standard jets is it worth putting them in when they turn up and seeing how they run?

The carbs have been stripped and cleaned a couple of times now aswell.

Thanks james
I have the same simptoms same situation,
BS34 carbs custom pipes with oval pods she's backfiring black plugs
Any advice did you sort it out?

Back