Classifieds suggestion; location in title

54inches

Vagitarian
Reaction score
I know other sites are capable with a plug-in while others require it in the rules. This makes it much easier when members are searching.

Thanks

It's required in the rules but people don't follow them. I haven't found a good plug-in for vBulletin for adding the location to the title. I'll look into it some more.

I've been planning to go a full classifieds system. It's on the to-do list.

Alright.. I've been working on this since I last posted and think I finally have a solution that will work for the meantime. :) I couldn't find a plugin so I figured out how to write one that will work.

This puts the user's location (if they've specified one in their profile) after the thread title for the threads listed in the classifieds section.

That's the best I can do for now. I'm going to require a location when users register, but not for existing members that haven't entered a location. I'll update the rules, but we'll have to remind people who list things in the classifieds to add a location to their profile.

If anyone finds any bugs with what I did, let me know.

Yeah it looks like they're using a pretty extensive product, but I'm not sure which one. A lot of these products are only supported for a couple years (if that) and then you're stuck when it's time to upgrade other components of the site. That's why I'm hesitant to incorporate anything like that.

Having said that, I've been looking into PhotoPost Classifieds. It looks nice and seems to be well supported.

Back