Custom wheel spacers

kvanderploeg

The Dutch Terror
Reaction score
Still trying to figure out the wheel spacers for my Mr. Lucky's/Paughco frame. I've lined up the rear sprocket with the drive sprocket with a laser. Haven't heard back from Ed of Mr. Lucky's yet, but I hope I'm just missing something in the order or arrangement. Any thoughts, suggestions, or input here? Is there anywhere to get custom spacers made for our rear axles? Thanks!

Kent

SDC12063.jpg

SDC12062.jpg

SDC12060.jpg

SDC12061.jpg

I can make you some custom spacers if needed. I am a machinist here At Baker Drivetrain. I make them all the time. If you dont here anything back from Lucky, get the best measurement you can and give me a thickness, and your axel diameter. I can remember if its 16 or 20mm. You can use some washers to get you close.
Lucky should be in touch, He's a nice guy. I met him at Cincinatti 2 years ago. Pretty straightforward.

I really appreciate the offer, and I just might have to take you up on that. I believe it's 20mm, but I can pull the micrometer out and get some accurate measurements if to comes down to it. Ed has responded to my emails pretty quickly so far, so hopefully he's just out of town and will get back to me soon.

Kent

There was a big Bike rally in texas last week. He may have been there. I have to make some spacers for my project as well. Im putting a Ninja 250 swingarm on my 650. It will give me the wheelbase i want (4 inch stretch) and allow my new shock placement to match my Katana front end. I want it to handle like a modern bike.

There was a big Bike rally in texas last week. He may have been there. I have to make some spacers for my project as well. Im putting a Ninja 250 swingarm on my 650. It will give me the wheelbase i want (4 inch stretch) and allow my new shock placement to match my Katana front end. I want it to handle like a modern bike.

You were right, he was at the Lone Star Rally in TX. He's gotten back to me and is looking to shoot some pics of the current bike rear ends to compare to. I'll keep you in mind if the need for spacers still comes up. Thanks again!

Kent

Kris, looks like I'm going to have to take you up on your offer. Any idea what you'd charge for two spacers like I'm looking for? I'll try to get some precise measurements tonight on the axle as well as the spacer thicknesses. Thanks!

Kent

Back