don,t shoot the messenger......ducati,,

oldbiker

oldbiker
Reaction score
whats happening to ducati and ROSSI,, its pittiful watching a rider like him battling for 11th in this weekends effort ,,,now they are having dramas with only 2 motors left for the remaing 4 races along with practice and testing.. rossi,s team manager said they were having too nurse the remaining transmissions for the remaining season .... ... and guess who won again... regards oldbiker

It's cool to see a phenomenal rider on equipment that is not on par with his skills. I can't wait to see how Rossi changes the bike. It sounds like they are going back to a metal frame. This weekend they swapped the front section of his bike for aluminum and started from pit row. It's the beginning of the trickling down of bike tech in Ducati's production motorcycles! :bike:

I'm the kind of guy that believes a great rider can ride/drive anything. Mainly because they can set the bike up themselves or explain what needs to be done to the techs. I still remember Eddie Lawson cutting his own tires for a rain race because they didn't bring any. Oh, he won too. Now that is a racer. Ride it and ready it.

That is why Stoner left them, they had a good bike when he won the championship, then Ducati bought out their next model and it wasn't up to par and the other manufactuers had cought up hence Stoner doing so bad the next couple of years. Stoner was always complaining about the duks front end, (they, Ducati, wouldn't listen), and Rossie is doing the same. Couldn't believe it when Rossie went to Ducati, he must have underated Stoners skills and thought he would be able to win on them, dumb move and serves him right

Ya. I'll never forget when they made the announcement last year. Rossi was saying stoner was not riding the duc hard enough. Stoners said ya well see how you ride it next year. Rossi will sort ducati out. They best pay attention to a nine time world champ. Rossi put Yamaha on the map. I think he will do the same for bologna.

Back