Electronic speedo ?

AG650

XS650 Enthusiast
Reaction score
Is anyone running an electronic speedo? I wanted to mount a small speedo where a speedo cable would be difficult to get to. I am looking for a kit with the pickup and everything but cant find anything cheap.

I've never tried it, but I have heard on another forum that a road bicycle speedo will work, you just have to make sure you find one that goes to the appropriate speed. It may or may not match your actual speed, but as long as you know what it's off by you can just adjust accordingly.

mate had a bicyle speed on his bsa but he couldnt find one to go over 100kls (60 mph) but he said other than that worked fine

i've used an e-speedo before on other builds. certainly not difficult. I'm going to run a Trail Tech Vapor on my bobber build.

My vote is for a sigma bicycle speedo. Cheap, easy to install, accurate and one of the few that go to 100.

Posted via Mobile

79 xs650 SG
Just bought e speedo from mikes in cda got him to send me directions for putting it on my 79SG pretty limited directions. I think every thing is there or hope it is but have no idea what some pcs are or where the sensors and p\u''s go or the clearances. Anybody know or know of a link I can get a little more info

Back