Favourite lubricant?

nighthog

A bit of a bike hacker
Top Contributor
Reaction score
I came home from a quick blast over to Bristol to buy some damper rings, or whatever they're called, for the instruments and decided it was time to test this:
20190418_175828.jpg
20190418_180005.jpg

Well, it had to be done, didn't it?
However, somehow it seems to look at home here:
20190418_175756.jpg

It seems to work agreeably well as a neck lubricant ;)
Not sure I'd call this a favourite though I'm glad I tried it.
Do you have a favourite to recommend?

Don't think I could find that here, but have Murphy's in the fridge and Guinness occasionally. There is also Mcguire's stout if I want to drive across the bay for a pint.

I came home from a quick blast over to Bristol to buy some damper rings, or whatever they're called, for the instruments and decided it was time to test this:
View attachment 139276 View attachment 139277
Well, it had to be done, didn't it?
However, somehow it seems to look at home here:
View attachment 139278
It seems to work agreeably well as a neck lubricant ;)
Not sure I'd call this a favourite though I'm glad I tried it.
Do you have a favourite to recommend?

Hi nighthog,
thees couldn't get posh beer back when I was a Bristolian; all we could get was Georges.
Praps the truth in advertising laws made 'em put a picture of a cart horse on the label?
"Landlord!" (customer lifts up a cloudy pint) "This horse ain't fit for work!"
So where do you get Yamaha parts in Bristol? Is Fowlers still in business?

Hi Fred, didn't realise you hailed from this neck of the woods. I'm an Essex boy originally but moved to Wilts in 1984, so this is home to me now.
Good news on all fronts - plenty of excellent local beers available and Fowlers still very much in business, they are a big outfit these days and that was where I went. All OEM parts but handy if fleabay can't oblige :)

Back