finished xs build

And i can pass you guys leaned over with my knee on the ground in corners without even leaving 1st gear on my 999. Your point is about as stupid as mine.

Nice bike btw.

Why is it whenever anyone says anything positive about a rigid bike, someone has to extoll the virtues of a suspended bike? I'm sorry if I offended anyone. Wasn't trying to sound like a dick. Yes, I know, bikes with suspension work much better than rigid bikes. This is true. There is no question. And yes, a rigid bike sucks on long rides, and over harsh bumps. I like suspension. Do you think I've not ridden any other bikes? That's not the point. My point is there is something very real and visceral about riding a very simple, rigid motorcycle. It's a very real feeling. Like riding a single speed bicycle. If I wanted to burn corners and go fast, I'd have a GSXR1000. But that's not I want right now. I like my hardtail XS650. That's all I was trying to say.

the bars are off an old moped thet i cut sluged and widthend thanks for all the comments everyone

30 plus years ago I found a killer set of bicycle handlebars and bolted them on a CB 550 Honda I'd chopped. Everybody wanted a set so I went back to the bicycle shop and bought the guy out thinking I'd score big. Problem was, while it was hidden when attached to the bike, when loose the guys could see they were really bicycle bars and wouldn't buy them. But I used that set of bars for several years with no problems.

Of course, that was before bicycle parts were imported from China.

Back