Wanted - FRAME with title and DEAD MOTORS

member3480

RICH
Reaction score
I got a couple projects that I want to do and I need a couple frames with titles and DEAD MOTORS.
Don't want your trailer queen motors I am going to rebuild them to what I want. So seized or barn motors are fine. Would like to be able to pickup so NY-PA-NJ-DEL are good and if you are close to Wilimgton NC I can get them also and Conway SC I can have a buddy pickup too. Complete CHEAP bikes also welcome.
Lets hear what you have. Not looking for necks COMPLETE FRAME
I can do 200 miles from my home no problem. I have frames without titles so don't need anymore.
Thanks Rich

Rich- i'm up in Candor NY just past Binghamton. i'm cleaning out the shop and have the following available as a package deal:

(1) '72 XS frame with open transferable registration (NY does not issue Titles for bikes older than '73)
(3) '73 XS motors, one 28K miles tested running that skips out of 3rd, one unknown mileage that turns over smoothly by hand, one with 24.7K that has barn crud in one cylinder and is stuck but likely rebuildable. i'll toss in a flat black non-dented gas tank as a freebie if you pick up here. $1000 cash for all ASAP.

have pics of everything including registration and matching head tube # if interested.

also have (3) pairs '73 era spoked wheels i'd like to move. all need tires. $60/pair

(3) pairs headers, couple of fair/poor condition forks with good lowers........

That's a great deal but all of those sound like 256 big pin cranks and I am looking for 447 motors. But still a very good deal for someone

yes they're all TX motors with 22mm pins, but it's the model you don't have to break the cam chain to rebuild the top end. upside= better cams, longer stroke. but no aftermarket big jug kits for them- which are a lotta cash to throw at a 50HP motor anyway.... i've pushed the two TX motors on my builds pretty hard at intervals with no problems.

if you change your mind anytime soon let me know. one stop shopping. i might just opt to keep everything.

Back