Heiden Tuning problems with paypal ordering ?

peanut

XS650 enthusiast & inveterate tinkerer
Top Contributor
Reaction score
i tried to place an order with Heiden Tuning tonight and was unable to.

I usually use a Visa Debit card via Paypal ( I have no paypal account) .

During the Paypal payment process the list of Countries for Visa credit and debit cards had every Country in the World except US and UK ???:confused:

I mean they had katmandu and Timbuctoo but not the US or UK so i could'nt place an order.

I have emailed them and will advise the outcome but I just wondered if anybody else had had any payment problems using a Visa card via paypal ?

Attachments

• heiden tuning.jpg
    heiden tuning.jpg
    112.1 KB · Views: 120
hey theres been a development !:D

Heiden Tuning have just confirmed my order and promised to send it out asap !

Amazing and I didn't even give them my credit card details and finish the paypal payment process???

Jeez if heiden are shipping my parts for free I'mm going to place an order for one of their 850cc engine upgrades pronto !:thumbsup::laugh:

Attachments

• heiden.jpg
    heiden.jpg
    136 KB · Views: 87
crikey ...Holy Yamaha Batman :yikes:

I didn't give my card details thank god but I'll check my account tomorrow:(

I expect I'll get an email from a nice Nigerian suggesting I open a bank account etc

Heiden has excellent products and is a great and reputable company to do business with. They generally do not add shipping costs to orders sent to the U.S. I was told that this is because they do not have to add the VAT tax to countries that are outside the Euro-zone, which means that they save enough to give free shipping to non Euro-zone countries. Whatever the reason, check your debit card. The order probably went through, and your parts are on their way.

Heiden has excellent products and is a great and reputable company to do business with. They generally do not add shipping costs to orders sent to the U.S. I was told that this is because they do not have to add the VAT tax to countries that are outside the Euro-zone, which means that they save enough to give free shipping to non Euro-zone countries. Whatever the reason, check your debit card. The order probably went through, and your parts are on their way.

Heiden shouldn't charge you in the US any Tax that would be illegal . Your customs should charge you the correct import Tax.

I'm living in the UK so I'm part of the EC so I will get charged the Tax but presumably at the German rate not the 20% UK rate ?

if Paypal have taken anything from my Credit card I will be more than a little curious considering that I never got as far as entering my credit card details as you can see from my first image.:wink2:

There were some updates to the PayPal smartphone app over the last few months that make it look and work differently, including some special stuff for the Euro market. It did a funny glitch on me a couple months ago, and, like you, panicked and pulled the plug. I always check the update/revision notes, and do manual updates, watching the permission changes closely.

If you've dealt with Heiden before, they may have had your account info on file, and simply completed it for you. Perhaps they're aware of some sort of glitch, and did this. I'd be curious as hell to find out from them how they completed the transaction, and why...

always wise to pull out if your instincts tell you something is up.

Did you hear about the Paypal fiasco a few months back on ebay ?

Apparently buyers were not receiving a confirmation that they had paid for an item, so many people simply went through the payment process again to make sure .

Some folk went through the payment process 5-6 times on stuff they had bid on that cost many hundreds of dollars/ pounds

Apparently paypal malfunctioned for best part of a week and sellers never received the money for the goods and buyers ended up having 5x lots of payment taken from their Bank Accounts. In some cases thousands of dollars:yikes:

it was a right mess and took weeks for folk to get their money back

Anyway what are you still doing up ? shouldn't you be in bed over that side of the pond ?

That reminds me of the stunts that Sprint and Verizon pulled a couple of years ago. Folks were double-charged, penalized, early termination fees, ...etc. Turns out it was a trick to temporarily boost the bottom line during an aggressive stock trade / acquisition scenario...

That reminds me of the stunts that Sprint and Verizon pulled a couple of years ago. Folks were double-charged, penalized, early termination fees, ...etc. Turns out it was a trick to temporarily boost the bottom line during an aggressive stock trade / acquisition scenario...

:laugh::laugh::laugh: the stunts they pull eh !

I'm coming back as a Merchant Banker ...they get huge bonuses for ripping people off imaginatively:D

well here is the very prompt answer I received from Jerry at Heiden Tuning this morning

'Hello

You must choice verenigd koninkrijk.

Regards

Jerry'

silly me ....:doh: I should have known that 'verenigd koninkrijk' means United Kingdom in Dutch :D

Back