XS650 Direct - My Review on recent order

LTGTR

XS650 Addict
Reaction score
Somebody, on the forum, (may have been 5Twins) was thinking about placing an order for parts on XS650Direct and wanted some feedback from anybody who had purchased from them.
I have attached photos of my order and the goodies.
I placed the order on 23rd Jan and received the goods today 1st Feb. This is exceptional especially as i live in South Australia.
I did a price comparison (before I placed the order) and they were about $40 cheaper than Mikes and more than that than Heiden Tuning. The parts are the same as the part numbers are exactly the same.
Before I ordered I noticed they were out of stock of both oil filters so I sent an email - I got a reply 2 days later to say they were now in stock and those parts on the web site were changed to say they were in stock.
My only little complaint - the carby float is packed in a very flimsy cardboard box and it was slightly crushed and the float is slightly bent - I can straighten it no worries.
So, I am very please with the prompt service and would score them 9.9/10 - I will be dealing with them again.
Hope this helps somebody a bit - Regards Ray.
P1030705.JPG
P1030707.JPG

I did place an order with them and was very pleased. It was easier to qualify for free shipping because they don't disqualify items like Mike's does. Prices were also better than Mike's, on some items way better. I will be ordering from them again.

I’ll give a 3rd thumbs up for this vendor. I’ve purchased quite a few things from them and their service has been great. Big plus for me is that they are an hour and a half away from me. Only negative thing is their new website. If you’re looking for an item and can’t find it, email them as it may be stuck under a different heading or category on the on line store.

In Europe, we effectively have Heiden Tuning (I ordered several spares including a new beautiful saddle and have been satisfied).
There is also YAMBITS you probably already know : YAMBITS
The problem I have to check is since the Brexit is effective, EU members will maybe have to pay customs duty.

In the UK it seems very easy to get hold of after market parts for an XS with so many motorcycle parts suppliers on Ebay. My only criticism with Yambits is their postage options start at about £4.50 - Bit of a pain if you only want a £2 part, but that is where Ebay fills the gap with free p + p. I have always found Yambits to be very good with very quick order dispatch times.

Note: I have not used Fowler Parts but their pricing does look good.

I will echo what Paul said above. Yambits are good, apart from the cost of postage. Through my own disorganisation, I've sometimes had to pay unnecessary postage because I failed to collect a few items into one order. Also, trying to find the item you require can be a faff on their website. The search facility doesn't help and you have to scroll through pages and pages - sometimes the quickest way is open another tab and do a google search eg yambits xs650 drainplug then follow the search result. But having said that, the parts have been fine and the service has been very good.

Have used Fowlers - as Paul says, good, easy search facility but expensive. Have also used CMSnl, which as the name suggests is in Holland. Their website comes in very useful as you can look at the parts fiche and find part number, description, and new part number if the original has been superseded.

Able to buy a brand new copy petrol tank from Jerry Heiden - very good quality and less expensive than I expected.

I have been a regular customer of XS650Direct and always been happy with service and delivery. Its new website is not as accommodating as the old one, but hint - if you plug in your bike as a say 77D, the website will not show you the universal stuff like handlebars.
Click universal and do not enter your bike year etc. and it acts more like the old catalogue.

Somebody, on the forum, (may have been 5Twins) was thinking about placing an order for parts on XS650Direct and wanted some feedback from anybody who had purchased from them.
I placed the order on 23rd Jan and received the goods today 1st Feb. This is exceptional especially as i live in South Australia.
I did a price comparison (before I placed the order) and they were about $40 cheaper than Mikes and more than that than Heiden Tuning. The parts are the same as the part numbers are exactly the same.
Before I ordered I noticed they were out of stock of both oil filters so I sent an email - I got a reply 2 days later to say they were now in stock and those parts on the web site were changed to say they were in stock.
My only little complaint - the carby float is packed in a very flimsy cardboard box and it was slightly crushed and the float is slightly bent - I can straighten it no worries.
So, I am very please with the prompt service and would score them 9.9/10 - I will be dealing with them again.
Hope this helps somebody a bit - Regards Ray. View attachment 183957 View attachment 183958
thanks thats good to know as im in oz as well , was that postage us $ 40.78 if so thats better and quicker than mikes xs rip off s/h pricing , luckily dont need anything at the moment as stocked up when the exchange rate was at par but good to know as another project might be in the wind , also great they do the curtacy of actually replying to enquirys

Hope this helps somebody a bit - Regards Ray. View attachment 183957 View attachment 183958

Is that $29 for both carb kits ???

I have ordered many times from XS 650 direct. Great customer service. bends over backwards to be of help.

I do find the new web site a little tougher to navigate than the old one, but maybe that will improve, given time.

I have ordered many times from XS 650 direct. Great customer service. bends over backwards to be of help.

I do find the new web site a little tougher to navigate than the old one, but maybe that will improve, given time.
Just need to message them if you find something that’s wrong with the website. I did that several times when the site was first launched and iirc they fixed things up,

I have ordered from them at least 5 times, before and since their new website, starting about 18 months ago I guess, and its always been just fine. They have also been prompt and professional in responding to any email questions I had. I went there initially just because they were in Canada, with easier, free shipping with each order.

Flea - yes the freight is cheaper - for the same size parcel here's some of my previous orders:
Heiden - 27 Euros = 43 Aus$
Mikes - 59 US$ = 77 Aus$
650Direct - 40 US$ = 52 Aus$
650Skull - yes $24.54 US$ for 2 carby rebuild kits - I only really wanted the gasket and a needle/seat, but those separately was close to the rebuild kit. The rest of the stuff in the rebuild kit may come in handy. Part No. 48-1920 (as you know I have 650D).
I have to say I have had good service from Mikes, Geoffs, Heiden - but 650Direct have been the cheapest and quickest - around 10 days from canada to Australia is excellent.
As has been mentioned - I find their website a little cumbersome/backward/forward - but okay if you persevere.
Kind regards - Ray.

Back