Help me id This tank.....

durgam_K

XS650 Addict
Reaction score
I picked this roller up from Mid-Ohio this last July. Serial number shows its a 72 MY. But I have never seen the Bevels like this on a 650 tank. All ive seen, have been rounded down the length of the tank. It has the early non-locking aluminum gas cap, and had the turn signal mounts that are stamped steel, and mount on top of the upper triple clamp. Any info will be useful. Thanks
Vacation146.jpg

XStankbevel.jpg

XStankside.jpg

That tank was used on 1970 through 72 650s. Somewhere under that outer coating are two emblem holes that have been filled in. Look for a picture of a 72 XS2 to see what this once looked like. It was a beautiful tank......

I think your right about the holes being filled in:doh:. A magnet doesnt stick as well in the 'oval' where the tank badge goes. the other tanks I saw were recessed where the badeges goes also, and not on mine. Its obviously been filled in. No worries though, im not interested in keeping the tank or tins. Ive just never seen the beveled edge before thats all. Thank a bunch:D

I think that's correct, you just don't notice the beveled edge usually because the stripes run along it. Here's what I think is an original XS2 and you can see the bevels .....

XS2Tank.jpg

Back