Is This A Bunch Of BS?

ReycleBill

Part Time Tyrannicide
XS650.com Supporter
Reaction score
Has anyone tried this lighting system? http://www.hidnation.com/mohidki.html

Good? Bad? BS?

I upgraded my XS to the 7" Halogen Lamp with 60/55 watt H4 P43T Halogen Bulb sold by MikesXS and got some improvement but it's still not like newer bikes with modern charging systems. Probably would do better with a PM charging system.

Anyway, what about the Hid Nation conversion? Anyone?

Someone here was talking about an HID kit sold on ebay for not a lot of bread that drew real low current but which was real bright. If you search on HID it might turn up.

As for the 87% discount, I won't pay for anything I buy online except by paypal, for several reasons.

If the thing was misrepresented, paypal will refund your money and possibly bar the person you bought it from from accepting paypal. They do not want to be barred from accepting paypal. So you have them over a barrel.

Last edited:
I use an ebay HID kit an I am happy with it.
my headlight is low beam only anyways, so no high beam for me even before the HID upgrade.
1303618043.jpg

Last edited:
i too have an ebay HID kit.

the biggest problem is that you will lose your high beam funcionality. they put a permanant shield below the bulb so it only shines as a low beam and they put the CHEEPEST POS little bulb(almost like a little blinker bulb but clear) as the "high beam"... that part was frustrating. i ran it for a few months in my buell in place of the stock bulb and i really liked it.

then i decided to upgrade. i retrofitted 2 bi-xenon projectors out of a bmw... and they are amazing. im still using the ebay bulb and ballast... the biggest difference is that with the actual bi xenon projectors, you get your real high beams back...

heres with one of the two on
lights2.jpg

a shot of the beam and cutoff
lights3.jpg

these are the bi-xenons...
lights12.jpg

so basically, if you dont mind losing your high beam, its a really good upgrade...

Be careful about which HID kit you buy if you buy one. I've got the AGT (advanced german technologies) 35w one and haven't had any problems. A bunch of buddies bought DDM's 55w HID kit and have had problems with the light not coming on at startup...have to shut down and start bike again for them to work...drains battery fast. The 55w one's were made for cars and can fry a motorcycles electrical system.

The AGT one's I have are great...love them. $60

Loosing high beam is not an option. Should low beam burn out I might need high beam to get home.

How many of these others will work in the stock headlight?

If you are going Halogen I've heard good things about the silverlight bulbs. They are a H4 replacement. If you're going HID the AGT one's are nice because they give you a Halogen high and a HID low (which is brighter than the high). If the HID fails you still have the halogen.

Back