Latest madness from the EU

Now, I'm a great believer in European Unity (apart from eejits like this) but this kind of nonsense is why Brexit happened.
https://www.visordown.com/news/general/europe-proposes-slower-speed-limits-motorbikes-cars
Just quickly skimmed over the article and seems silly to me, all vehicles should travel at the same speed. Can’t recall where I read or heard of this but it was a proposal to control bike speed by increasing speeding fines for motorcycles over cars. Would that help?

Around here I see most bike riders being quite responsible. Every once in a while on a major highway you see an idiot weaving in and out of traffic (already moving at 110-120 kph) at speeds probably well over an estimated 150+. A bit up north there’s some great roads with lots of twisties and that’s where you see the most speeding. The danger there is groups of bikes travelling together whose riding skills vastly differ from one another. The slower, less experienced rider, trying to keep up can often get into trouble. Target fixation is always your enemy there. For me, I choose to be the “old, slow guy”. I’m far past the age where I want to get there first or let’s see how far I can lean over. Getting from “A” to “B” safely is enough of a victory for me.

Last edited:
My first thought was the danger of every bikers nightmare of a car running up the tailight, if bikes are slower than cars. Point is made in the article.

Totally stupid idea thought up by an idiot who has no real common sense.

What is needed is education for all road users. I have been advocating for refresher courses every 5 or so years. A defensive driving course with a written or oral questions on rules of engagement.

Back