Mikes ATU blew the hell up.

CDNTX650

XS650 Guru
Reaction score
Yup, odd thing is I just checked the big cogged nut with a hammer and punch to make sure it was tight about 3 weeks ago. Sure betting something from that Chinese junk let go. Luckily the wife just had to come with the trailer. Bike and cam are unhurt. Good reason to finally order the E Advance.

I do have a pic. Ill upload it when i get home. Like i said. I check the cogged nut pretty often. So my bet is something let go.... But no real proof of that.

I love my Pamco E-advance. TwoMany, I have the advancer I removed from my less than 8 k original miles bike. The springs are toast, but the rest is OK.

I never had trouble with Mike's advancer except the poor springs.
The E-advancer is a much better option. And since the new billet cap came out, an easier to install with out as many mistakes. The area that contacts the pins is much heavier. This will eliminate the problems some have had with the cap stripping on the pins.
Leo

Here's a pic of mine after the studs broke off goin about 60. After this I ordered an advance unit from yambits and haven't had any issues.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    224.9 KB · Views: 122
man I was kicking myself for spending the 175.00 for a NOS advance unit. now I'M feeling better about it. I was trying to get one from mikes, but they were out of stock. pheww!!

sorry fella's

Back