Moving YUK...Right next to my Bike YEA!!

When you rebuilt it did you put in hardened Valves and seats? Or do you simply put a Lead substitute in the fuel?
Your XS1, the XS1B & XS2 weren't designed for Unleaded Gasoline..
Ah.. for the good old days of Baby Powder White, (clean burning) tail pipes and the smell of a clean burning exhaust. I remember my first whiff of unleaded fuel.
PHEW!

The engine is original, not rebuilt. Being my own PO, I knew it was properly prepped for storage in 1977 and to bring it back all that was needed was points cleaning, fuel, fresh oil and a battery.
The one thing about your Bike is, you have the Princess of the Prom in your Garage.
I ran across a You-Tube Video with a tiny Japanese Girl trying to start an XS1. Pretty funny seeing a 90 LB Girl trying to start it.
Thanks for sharing your Bike with us, I have always loved the XS/TX because they are a perfect City bike that can handle the Highway on short trips.
different grips really help but My whole body buzzes after 2-3 hrs when I get off and walk around.

Took some time off and went to one of our favorite flea markets and I snagged an XS650 Service manual (Yellow Cover Black writing) It covers the XS1, XS1B, XS2, TX 650 and TX650A, it is the expandable one it has several sections of TSB's to boot.
I think I got a pretty good deal for $2.00!

Back