Murderin' Thieves!

nj1639

Paleo-simplistic
Top Contributor
Reaction score
Usually it starts in June but they've arrived a bit early this spring and have taken me by surprise.
I've raised pigeons off and on for the last 46 years, have had this coop going for the last 17 years- same strain of Birmingham Rollers. The other evening I forgot to lock up the flight window and the coons pulled a raid. 9 dead from a small flock of 14. Bastards ate one bird down to the wings, one down to the breast and ate the heads off of the remaining victims.
Score so far....
Them- 9
Me- 2 coons, 2 possum

That sucks man. Coons are smart little fuckers. It's hard to keep 'em out if they want in. I had one in the trash the other day so I hit it with a broom. Damn thing just stands there and looks at me like "What are you doing? You wanna piece of this?!"

Well.....least you can make a pretty good guess as to what will work as bait for a trap.
Take care.....they are a lot nastier critters than the public has any idea about aren't they? Right up there with weasels, rats and ferrel cats. BOL! Hope to see the numbers turning in your favor.

I worry for our 15 chickens, 6 tukeys and 2 duck. we try to get them in the coop bout sundown, and for the most part they kinda go in by themselves, but sometimes they wont co operate. we have lots of woods around us, and sometimes, these wierd, un-earthly noises screach through the woods. when I let the dogs out late night, or early mourning, they tear off into the woods like Cujo!! creepy out in the sticks.

We have coyote's here in NC now.......got used to them in Calif but the way they howl in the woods makes it seem like Halloween or something.......creepy and someone said they saw a bear........not sure I believe it but I do live on Bear Creek........cat came home one night with the skin layed back on his forehead and some nasty teeth marks..........he stayed under the bed for a week........the cat was may last line of defense.....

xsjohn

My Dad had a farm in rural Michigan can't begin to count the coons we took out over the years. We also shot atleast 1 ground hog a week during the summer. Hard to get rid of varmin as fast as they breed.

we have 'yote too, john. there was a old toothless american bull dog that would keep them outta the small neighborhhod i live in. (5 families)He used to keep them away. he used to kill them. he died though last year, and the yotes seem closer this year. need to get a 22 rifle. I have a 22 standard convertible I got after my granddad died. don't want to use that. means alot to me because he was a pacifist. ironic. killed japs in the war, and ended a pacifist.

2 more 'possums down and gained a Guinea fowl. Just showed up the other day and started making all that damn guinea racket. Told the wife it's her alarm cock (as it appears to be a male).HA!!

Back