New from Oklahoma

yarddog53

xs rider
Reaction score
First off Hi to everyone out there. I have a 79 xs i ride and plan to make into a bobber this winter (I hope to anyway) so far i put an pamco ignition on her ,oil cooler with paper type element from mikesxs and pod air filters. I do have a few problems i am trying to figure out if it a 79 or 78 the plate on the neck say built 3/78 the title says 79 frame & motor numbers 2FO-116396 should be an XS-F model need to know to set valves right now i have them set at 2.5 Intake althought now think it should be 4 and exh 6 any help would be apprecate. anyway this is my first post and i hope i can help other out to

Welcome, new here myself and cant really help with your problem. But Im in ok too. Live in Tecumseh. Where abouts are you.

- welcome..2F0-11xxxx indicates an XS SE, 78, US model 2M0...79 could be the year of first sale?

- valves-cold
inlet.........0.10mm .. 0.0039in​
exhaust....0.15mm .. 0.0059in​

In inxs's post he quotes inlet .0039, exhaust .0059.
Here in the US intake .004, exhaust .006 will be easier to find the feeler gauges.

In inxs's post he quotes inlet .0039, exhaust .0059.
Here in the US intake .004, exhaust .006 will be easier to find the feeler gauges.

it's good to adjust them a little loose anyway. might be a little noisy but at least you know they are closing all the way. when i can't hear my valves i worry about them staying open..

was going to take pictures saturday then found out no batterys. will do real soon not that good looking right now but wait till next spring should be a real nice bobber. right now i have bought an king sportsters tank , solo seat springs and all mounting hardwear and today just bought LED bulbs see how much brighter they are

Back