Sold / Found / Inactive - OFFER MODIFIED, DIAL INDICATOR ADDED TO PACKAGE: TWO FROM THE DARK AGES AND MORE, $35 SHIPPED CONUS

grizld1

Grumpy old man
Top Contributor
Reaction score
When it comes to seeing and being seen on the road, I'm on board with Goethe when he spoke his last words: "More light!"

Nonetheless, there are those among us who seek authenticity over function. For sale is a pair of OE XS650 Koito tungsten filament sealed beam headlights. Both have been tested and at this moment have working high and low beams. They're well armored in foam, but if shipping shakes a filament loose I'll take no responsibility for that.

From some perspectives the things have the value of precious Semi-Unobtainium, from my perspective they're, uh. otherwise. I can't bring myself to think they're worth the cost of shipping.

EDIT: Can't stand wasting space in a flat rate box. The heart of the package is a basic magnetic dial indicator stand with a lightly used Japanese Teclock dial indicator. It's a midgrade instrument toward the upper end of that range. IMG_0959.JPGIMG_0960.JPGIMG_0971.JPGIMG_0972.JPGIMG_0973.JPGIMG_0975.JPGIMG_0976.JPGIMG_0978.JPG

Same terms apply: payment by mailed check only, no trades or alternate offers accepted, no reduction down the road, ad down in 10 days if no sale.IMG_0959.JPGIMG_0960.JPG

Last edited:
IIRC it hasn't been long since a passel of our AR restoration folks were commiserating ('Merican translation, pissing and moaning) over the scarcity of genuine tungsten lighting. Hey, nobody's going to deliver sealed beams to your door and pay you to take them! He who hesitates is lost in darkness. 8 days left, price won't change.

Would it be possible to get a pic of the back side of them?

Already wrapped in foam and sealed in a flat rate box. The blades on the back show straight and undeformed copper, dark but with no visible corrosion. The back surface is as clean as the front. If you really need more information than that let me know and I'll unpack them for the camera.

Upgraded this offering. My Teclock dial indicator came out of hiding so it's added and worth the price of the whole damn package. You have your backside pics, Greg. Surely somebody has the sense to take this deal and get this stuff off my bench!

Last edited:
Back