part number COLOR CODES

DogBunny

Motorcychologist
Top Contributor
Reaction score
YamahaPartCode.jpg

The last two numbers or letters of parts using the above format are the color code. For example:
93 = chrome plated
98 = frosting black
64 = candy green (1970)
52 = candy orange (1971)
G3 = French blue (1976)
Etc.
Does anyone know if there is a list of these two digit color codes, or a way to look them up?

https://www.motorcyclespareparts.eu/en/yamaha-parts/color-codes

If you look up French Blue on that chart you will see the last two numbers coincide. 52 coincides with Candy Orange. Looks like its all there, you have to sift through it.

Matching bike paint is surely a PITA. I managed to find a perfect match for my Bandit 12 motor, but it was a Honda Graphite Gray Metallic from the auto side.

This publication has a section at the rear which lists all colour codes.

I'm not sure that the last two digits in the part # could be used for body colour.
There would be a limit of ninety nine if you used a numeric reference or four hundred and twenty with an alpha numeric system.
There are nine hundred and fifty eight in the attached list and that only goes up to 2008.

Attachments

• Yamaha Modell_Index_1958_-_2008.pdf
    1.3 MB · Views: 266
https://www.motorcyclespareparts.eu/en/yamaha-parts/color-codes

If you look up French Blue on that chart you will see the last two numbers coincide. 52 coincides with Candy Orange. Looks like its all there, you have to sift through it.

Matching bike paint is surely a PITA. I managed to find a perfect match for my Bandit 12 motor, but it was a Honda Graphite Gray Metallic from the auto side.
Yes, that link nails it. Thank you!
Pretty easy to find what you want if you use a browser with a "Find in the Page" word search capability.
The chart lists 98 as Low Gloss Black, not Frosting Black as I wrote in my post. I've seen it both ways in the parts catalogs.
This publication has a section at the rear which lists all colour codes.

I'm not sure that the last two digits in the part # could be used for body colour.
There would be a limit of ninety nine if you used a numeric reference or four hundred and twenty with an alpha numeric system.
There are nine hundred and fifty eight in the attached list and that only goes up to 2008.
Yes, your link works too. Part 2 of your link is the same as Mac's link. Thanks!

Have these
Very nice lists, thank you!
I especially like the first list because it is arranged alphabetically/numerically in order by the code digits.
The second list is an image that is not searchable, but you have already highlighted all of the XS650 models, so it's a good one too. Thanks!

Very nice lists, thank you!
I especially like the first list because it is arranged alphabetically/numerically in order by the code digits.
The second list is an image that is not searchable, but you have already highlighted all of the XS650 models, so it's a good one too. Thanks!

Updated all the XS's in the second PDF..........Added another XS650 colour Chart with codes. Got from the dutch site

Back