Photocopy my Registration

poofish

XS650 Enthusiast
Reaction score
I've got nowhere on my bike to keep my registration, so I'm going to keep a copy of it in my wallet.

Do any of you do this, and have you had any problems with the law?

photo copy isn't legal, reg. & proof of ins. in a plastic ziplock baggie tucked in next to the battery works for me

I keep my papers in ziplock bag in a small pocket of my saddle bags

I got pulled over once when I didn't have my registration on me. Cop said to make a photocopy and keep it in my wallet. I do that now and have given it to the officer when pulled over. They never say anything about it. I'm sure they just walk back to their car and punch the number into their computer anyway.

whether or not a photo copy will work probably depends on the state and how loud your pipes are ;). i like to keep my papers with the bike though, as both me and my girlfriend ride each other's bikes, well... i ride both mine and my gf's bike, i think she's afraid of the fallout if she were to dump mine

I've had my bike about a year now, and I like to keep things legal...but I've never carried my registration because I never even thought about it! :doh: Guess I was just too excited about getting it running and being able to ride it. :bike:

I like the idea of keeping it in the battery box in a waterproof bag. Maybe someting like this would keep my brand new battery company:
http://www.nrsweb.com/shop/product.asp?pfid=2975&pdeptid=1630

55026_01_2975_all_041311_400x400.jpg

The stock seats have a place to keep your paper work. Even big enough to carry the owners manual. Just a plastic door that clips up on the seat.
I carry the reg and INS card for all the bikes in the inside pocket of my riding jacket. That way no matter which bike I ride I have the paperwork with me.
There are lots of stash tubes out there. The moiunt in many places on the bike.
Here's a few J&P have. Some mount any where, some mount on the lisence plate. One is a footpeg, ones a set of grips.
Leo

Attachments

• 150-606_A.jpg
    150-606_A.jpg
    4.7 KB · Views: 43
  • 972-547_A.jpg
    972-547_A.jpg
    5.2 KB · Views: 52
  • 3400553_A.jpg
    3400553_A.jpg
    6.3 KB · Views: 46
  • 701-160_A.jpg