PUPPY

Britman

XS650 Addict
Reaction score
We lost our last dog over five years ago and at one time there were five in the home, all were from the shelter or abandoned. We are both in our mid 70's so I am pretty damn sure senility has set in because we just adopted a 10 week old puppy from our local rescue organization. Oh Lord give me strength, I had forgotten what life is like with a baby K9, our two old house cats have armed themselves and we are already looking for our shoes and flip flops. Somehow though it all seems worth it when Byrdie falls asleep in your lap with a contented snore.........

Attachments

• IMG_1236.JPG
    IMG_1236.JPG
    312.3 KB · Views: 55
We lost our last dog over five years ago and at one time there were five in the home, all were from the shelter or abandoned. We are both in our mid 70's so I am pretty damn sure senility has set in because we just adopted a 10 week old puppy from our local rescue organization. Oh Lord give me strength, I had forgotten what life is like with a baby K9, our two old house cats have armed themselves and we are already looking for our shoes and flip flops. Somehow though it all seems worth it when Byrdie falls asleep in your lap with a contented snore.........
Nice one Britman; he looks like a cracking little doggy. Lets hope he don't get too big and eat you out of house and home :D

That's a cutie! Mutts are the best.

I sorely miss having a dog. Wife developed allergies.

I have to get my MDR of dog spit from my daughter's Akitas.

Strangely enough, for me, cats too.
Critters in general, I think. I kept sheep for 20+ years and always had one or two that thought they were dogs...
bavatar.jpg

Baxter was a 300-ish pound Katahdin ram and he KNEW he was a dog! Followed me around, wanted to be scratched, played with soccer balls...

Critters in general, I think. I kept sheep for 20+ years and always had one or two that thought they were dogs...View attachment 241007

Baxter was a 300-ish pound Katahdin ram and he KNEW he was a dog! Followed me around, wanted to be scratched, played with soccer balls...
I'm with you. I pretty much love 'em all. We have an old female gopher tortoise living behind the house...she always gets the outer layers of the lettuce heads, not to mention the deer, turkey, rabbits etc. that roam my property unmolested.

Dogs are the thinnest part of the veil between humans and animals. Animals in general are pretty interesting and awesome. The day humans can engineer and build something as awesome as a simple spider I will begin to be impressed.

Byrdie is doing great, pretty well house trained, will go to her crate at night on command, and even has started to tolerate the cats to a certain extent. Her and Marvin, in the picture, are having a quiet moment after chasing each other through the house for countless laps........

Attachments

• IMG_0065.JPG
    IMG_0065.JPG
    358.6 KB · Views: 42
Byrdie is doing great, pretty well house trained, will go to her crate at night on command, and even has started to tolerate the cats to a certain extent. Her and Marvin, in the picture, are having a quiet moment after chasing each other through the house for countless laps........
My Rat Terrier Zeke loves my cat Molly who tolerates his "kisses". He took to her immediately, took her a while to warm up to him.

Back