Safety wire twisting tools - recommendations needed.

Finally got a used set which don't seem to be crap and don't show much sign of wear, albeit they've been left mouldering in a toolbox in a humid environment for a long time.
A quick rub of the wire brush and an oiling up and they'll be fine, I would think.
AE is the maker's stamp on them. Once owned by Godfrey apparently, as his name is engraved on them.
Now all I have to do is practice... and find out what the advantage / disadvantages are of the various features - the angled nose, the hollow grind in the jaws, etc.

s-l1600.jpg

Last edited:
Finally got a used set which don't seem to be crap and don't show much sign of wear, albeit they've been left mouldering in a toolbox in a humid environment for a long time.
A quick rub of the wire brush and an oiling up and they'll be fine, I would think.
AE is the maker's stamp on them. Once owned by Godfrey apparently, as his name is engraved on them.
Now all I have to do is practice... and find out what the advantage / disadvantages are of the various features - the angled nose, the hollow grind in the jaws, etc.

View attachment 262810
Are these the 9 inch or 6 inch variety.

View attachment 262810
Man, do I have a lotta miles on those things! :thumbsup:

Back