stock coil

Ok.. So because previous owner said it was dead as he was not getting a spark on one side. I guess it was the TCI then. Which he further blew up by putting a Boyer coil on the stock TCI. So I just bought your pamco ignition system. Luckily the PO put a new advance in woo. Oh btw you have a private msg from me Pete. About weither the kit comes with mounting hardware or not. (point plate screws/washers)

Back to the coil, it's not possible it's only firing out of one if the resistances are ok right?

Thanks!

Ok.. So because previous owner said it was dead as he was not getting a spark on one side. I guess it was the TCI then. Which he further blew up by putting a Boyer coil on the stock TCI. So I just bought your pamco ignition system. Luckily the PO put a new advance in woo. Oh btw you have a private msg from me Pete. About weither the kit comes with mounting hardware or not. (point plate screws/washers)

Back to the coil, it's not possible it's only firing out of one if the resistances are ok right?

Thanks!

Could be a dead wire, I have a KZ650 here with a dead wire on a dual output coil...

Maybe, I'll check it. Punk is that you in your avatar? Could you tell me about your frame because your bike has the exact angle i want to achieve with my bike, I don't like the "chopper" look, I like the triumph/BSA bobber look, more flat but still a hardtail, gas tank fairly horizontal, drag or clubman bars etc.

Maybe, I'll check it. Punk is that you in your avatar? Could you tell me about your frame because your bike has the exact angle i want to achieve with my bike, I don't like the "chopper" look, I like the triumph/BSA bobber look, more flat but still a hardtail, gas tank fairly horizontal, drag or clubman bars etc.

Yep, thats my ride... I won't muddy up your thread, but more details can be found here:
http://www.pirate4x4.com/forum/showthread.php?t=719041&highlight=

On the 80 up bikes and the Pamco ignition the coils are a dual output coil. This means the coil fires both plugs at once. If the plug on one side fires and the other side won't, the problem is #1 a bad plug. #2 is the plug wire. #3 is the plug cap.
The wires as they age the resistance goes too high or the core breaks, the insulation breaks down. The caps, resistance goes high.
With either ignition if one plug fires it's not the ignition.

Back