This is Why I Don't Drive in the City

...and the halogens with the blue tint are distinctive to the eye. I installed one in my '83.

piaa_piaa_h7_bulb55_w110_w_detail.jpg
Wonder if my battery less system would support those,,, I have my doubts

Wonder if my battery less system would support those,,, I have my doubts
I would say that your capacitor (?) system would support the halogen (altho I am no electrical expert).
I was able to use this H4 base bulb cuz I replaced the whole bucket and lamp (mine was scratched) with an EMGO unit from Mikes which is set up for an H4 bulb.

09-0074.jpg

Last edited:
^You can also get a holder for H4 that's in the form factor of the standard bulb, to go in the original bucket. I found one years ago with Bosch molded in the glass real cheap. The ad called it an overrun.

No problem Fred apology accepted , it's just that the Hard attitude is not in my opinion, what Bikers need to be portraying...
Helpfull, good to have around, IS ..... and you don't get that by passing a gal on the side of the road with a flat tire.
treating people as you would like to be treated is the way to go ..... more people need to do that than be mean and grumpy !
<GRIN> My wife has a T-shirt that says Do I Look like a people person ? and it has a picture of a wrinkled up dog on it , it's cute not offencive
Anyone can be offencive and often are, but being just the opposite is BETTER !
granted it's been a while sense I could lay down in bed and think Man I really saved that guys ass today by helping him.... but it's a feeling that is worth it's weight in gold ! .
Bob......

No problem Fred apology accepted , it's just that the Hard attitude is not in my opinion, what Bikers need to be portraying...
Helpfull, good to have around, IS ..... and you don't get that by passing a gal on the side of the road with a flat tire.
treating people as you would like to be treated is the way to go ..... more people need to do that than be mean and grumpy !
<GRIN> My wife has a T-shirt that says Do I Look like a people person ? and it has a picture of a wrinkled up dog on it , it's cute not offencive
granted it's been a while sense I could lay down in bed and think Man I really saved that guys ass today by helping him.... but it's a feeling that is worth it's weight in gold ! .
Bob......
Well spoken, Bob !
And I agree with you fully.
Hope you recognized my Mad Max stuff as humor, which it was.
The Then Came Bronson character is one that we could all aspire to.

Bob......
We are totally fine,,,i respect everyone's opinions.
Actually I'm pretty sociable,,but try to stay removed from the idiots. Lol

Yah Fred ! but looking and acting like a Hell's Angle isn't the answer either ! that only Harms the biker community as a whole....
and believe me in states like California it's down right serious about them removing motorcycles all together ! after all their dangerous !
these people in my state will help you weather you need it or not ! and press their ideals upon you with Laws ! they have outlawed almost everything that is fun and what will they do next ? remove motorcycles from the highway because their more dangerous to ride than a car ?
Californians were one of the first to pass the Helmet law... now you must have a headlight on to ride, day or night, I expect in the not to far future that they will pass a law that you have to have a warning strobe light on your helmet as well ! .... if the world looked toward motorcycles as a good thing and not bad it might not happen so fast ! but it will happen because of all the motorcycle fatalities .
I think the motorcycle is the best motive of transportation devised by man ! it's fast and economical to use and relitively safe despite the cars and the excuse of "Sorry man I didn't see you....."
yes, I too had a leather jacket, leather chaps and rode a big v twin, but I didn't act the part of a ruffian, doing that will only hurt bikers as a whole
people in their cars will say Ugh ! there is another one, weather your good or bad you are stereo typed into the category ! and every time I go riding I see the same eyes looking at me wondering if I'm a Killer on the loose or not !
In a Young mans world you have to be a bit brash, I understand you can't be mr. niceguy all the time that would be detrimental to your image....(the don't F**K with me Image,) but it is the image that you portray while on the motorcycle that is what people carry with them from then on.....
I certainly don't have all the answers, but looking like a delinquent or roughian isn't going to help, in fact it may stir up more trouble than you bargained for....
As I get older I see more people actually stopping and looking at bikes that are fixed up it didn't used to be that way so I think it's getting better, or maybe it just the generation of baby boomers saying Hay I used to have a bike like that ! who knows ! LOL
And well stated , everyone is entitled to their opinion.... you're going to do your things your way any way... regardless of what I say !
you have your reasons .... I just thing you should re examine those reasons is all ! <Grin>
Bob.........

Hey Bob,,
I neither look nor do I act like any "Hells Angel" , I am my own man,,i make my own decisions. Nothing I do affects you so your opinions of me are just that ,,,opinions.
I'm done justifying anything else on this thread as you already have your opinion of me. By the way,,,I am an IT professional and have been for 20 years.
I will respond no more to this and so you will probably have the last word.
Things are a lot different here in rural Pa. So please stop with the stereotyping or profiling

Well, now it looks like I offended you ! I am sorry , that was not my intention at all ....I guess your right and we should leave it at that
Bob...

Already done Pete ! , So what Riding strategies do you have for the group ? any hidden secrets that have kept you alive that you haven't already shared here ?
I have One..... stand on the foot pegs !, get off your butt when a hairy situation appears, you have more ability to flick the bike in a different direction than when sitting.... adjility can save you allot of road rash !
Bob.......

Remember, you two guys would have a grand old time together in person. It's the internet itself that encourages this kind of conflict, so try not to succumb to your household appliances.

I agree totally ! share a few beers and talk about bikes ! it would be great ! My ramblings often come across Wrong and I apologize for that!
I didn't want to come across like that, sorry !
So what is this "get together" Fred ? where is it ? and when ?
I couldn't make it if it was 100 miles away even, but I'ed sure like too !
Bob......

I agree totally ! share a few beers and talk about bikes ! it would be great ! My ramblings often come across Wrong and I apologize for that!
I didn't want to come across like that, sorry !
So what is this "get together" Fred ? where is it ? and when ?
I couldn't make it if it was 100 miles away even, but I'ed sure like too !
Bob......
South central Pa/
30 miles or so south of Harrisburg,,
In the woods of course.
LOL
Still batting around some dates,,,I'm thinking late August,, early September.

Gee, Bob, that's a great suggestion--stand up on the pegs like an observed trials rider, for greater agility. Guess that's why you see all the guys standing up on really tight road race tracks, they can steer quicker that way. Now assuming a guy has decent brakes on his machine, I wonder what's going to happen in a traffic situation when he stands up and then finds that he has to grab a handful of front brake? I've ridden for only 52 years so I really don't know, but I'd guess the rider would need to waste a critical split second to sit back down or get pitched over the bars.

Along with "tapping" the brakes for multiple flashing I use hand signals. Younger than 40 drivers probably don't have a clue as to what the hand signals mean but it does tend to get them to see you?

Bwhahaha it probably happens quicker for those of us with forwarding weight distribution Griz.
Signed all gut, no butt.

A short while ago I watched a gal riding an old Indian. Fully dressed, her bike and body covered in leather and fringe with a patina that had obviously been earned over many miles.

She owned the freeway. The entire 3 westerly lanes through downtown Phoenix slowed down to let her do what she wanted to do. In a city where everyone's gunning for the slightest edge, fighting for pole position at the next light, this gal on her old Indian simply claimed her space.

Here's the thing: she wasn't an asshole. She moved no faster than prevailing traffic, sat up straight looking ahead, held her line, and with the most perfect parade field exactness used hand signals telling everyone exactly where she meant to be. And they gave her all the room she told them to give. Confidence of command, I guess.

I use hand signals too, mainly in the day time when our lights become less obvious. I do find that pointing directly into the space I intend to take as I veer toward the edge of my lane is sometimes more effective than a turn signal.

"I'm going here" vs. "Would you please slow down your much-larger-than-mine vehicle so I may squeeze in here? [other guy gives a little gas] Oh, I guess not. How about the next guy..." Pole position is really important around here, people just don't want to give it up.

Last edited:
Back