For Sale - Triumph style tank and side cover badges

I'll contact your through the conversation feature on this forum, then you can just respond to start a coversation.

My original intention with the Triumph font Yamaha badges was to do a fifty's Thunderbird style tank. Never did get around to making the bead roller required for the side trim. Also, here's some pics of those raw badges after they have been dressed with a file and some sandpaper. Pewter is about the same weight and stiffness as lead, so can be bent fairly easily to work with the curves of tanks.
Also attached are some pics of the inspiration for the triangular emblem. A master was made of plastic, and the later ones, "wings" were added to the master before the pewter casting process. The "winged" ones can have the wings cut off to get back to the triangle shape. I added some to 1/8" aluminum plates to make the alternator covers, attaching them to the aluminum with JB Weld. Because they are not concaved like the real Yamaha covers, you have to put a spaced behind them or else they will contact the alternator brushes.
That Triumph tank is a beauty!

They are shaped for the Yamaha tanks. But I do have the "masters" which are real modified Triumph badges. They would screw right on, plus have the advantage of having real chrome on them. I wasn't intending to sell them, but I could.

full

Another option is to shape the white unfinished blanks with a heat gun (works quite well). But then you would have to finish them on your own.

full
BRO~~~~I WANT BUY THIS!!!

Back