Wanted - XS1-XS2 Gas Tank

I have a 72 and the tank is in good cond. Previous owner painted the whole thing black , cap and all. looks like only one small ding. May not be 72 though, not sure if it is oem to the bike. can you id it?

5249725789_fcf9c84811.jpg

in good shape inside and out. still even has gas in it- lol. I'm building a old school bobber and the tank is not going to be a fit for me. Any trades?

I'm looking for a LH XS1 headlight bracket/ear. green is perfect, but any colour will do. Just bought a pair from a member and they're off an XS2, good for emergency stock but not exactly what I need. The XS1 bracket is tapered to the bottom [wider], not straight like the XS2.

Still also looking for an original green XS1 headlight shell.
the-oz-slider

Tried to high light the dings with the available light and flash. None are very deep at. Easy fix and the inside looks good enough to not worry about

5314162436_7061864f1a_b.jpg

5314155168_cb9fae4d44_b.jpg

5314152314_71f6219f02_b.jpg

5313565561_e186f991dd.jpg

I am local to Indiana and I have asked about this tank and several other parts several times. What gives?

How much for the Yamaha tank?How much for the 1978xl 175tank?I work on 24/off48.I am in the off 48 time now....$?

Actually, the funny thing is this is Malloy's wanted thread. I 've gotten several pm's from other members wanting this tank. I'm taking offers. not shooting prices here. So if you want the tank shot me a serious offer. We can work something out.

Jerm on the rest of the parts, I haven't had time to mess with much and I want to make sure there are no issues with the parts.

Sorry for the delay guys. Just super busy

Actually, the funny thing is this is Malloy's wanted thread. I 've gotten several pm's from other members wanting this tank. I'm taking offers. not shooting prices here. So if you want the tank shot me a serious offer. We can work something out.

LOL buncha vultures. I'm a noob to these parts, so I wouldn't know what to offer. I am not a tire kicker though...so if you tire of lowballers and tire kickers LMK. If not, no worries!

I've bid on a number of these tanks on ebay...can't tell you what they finally sold for...but can tell you I was outbid at $60, $88, and $89 (all had gas cap and petcocks). I was finally successful on a '72 tank a few months ago for $71 without gas cap or petcocks. Each of these tanks that I bid on had faded original paint and minor scratches and dents. That being said, this isn't ebay. If you're looking to get a premium out of the tank, sell it there. I have no interest in buying or selling one at this time, just lending perspective for those who don't know what the tank is worth. You see one come up on ebay about once every 4 months.

Malloy,I am one of the old shooters not trying to steal your deal!THIS IS A GOOD SITE...BUT-AGAIN....BUT YOU gotta realize the xs/tx market is not going backward,most of the folks on THIS SITE wanna buy,sell,trade,make a buck,or just simply interact @ make a buck or if I didnt say make a buck so you can spend it buying,selling,trading,xs/tx650 parts.

I found one on craigslist with (faded) original paint, a mint gas cap and clean petcocks :)

With that said, I'm a forum guy and have been on a number of forums since before vBulletin was developed. Some are forums for expensive vehicles much harder to find than an XS (though, I realize the early bikes are pretty rare) Jumping into someone's wanted thread is bad form. I'm over it though ;)

Glad you found what you needed.Again,my intent wasnt to steal another persons deal.The true fact is I saw the pictures ,and was curious of the price.Never too old to learn,I now know about the purpose of the thread more now.I will sit back ,read and learn.Enough on this! PEACE-OUTTTTTT

Back