You ever feel like you're getting no where on your build!!

CalsXS2

XS650 Guru
Reaction score
Well let me tell ya. It's took me 3 years to get to where I'm at in the picture below. Now mind you I have done a lot of work.

I've went from cutting all the bracketry out to make a bobber, to welding it all back in. Sand blasting and painting the frame twice. Putting in a new motor just to pull it back out for a rebuild.

Now I have bought a ton of NOS part's. I even got a new seat foam. What my main problem is I have a shitty job, so I don't have a lot of extra cash to buy motorcycle part's. Each year at tax time I swear I'm going to finish this bike. Never happens though.

I have been on it hot and heavy lately though. I have all the parts coming to make it a roller,,,, minus tires,,,lol. Now I just need to polish my hubs and lace the spokes.

I keep going sideways. I buy things like a buffer, parts washer, and a bunch of other stuff that I might just be able to do with out. But I'm the kinda guy that's gotta have it,,,, lol. I even just built a work bench that I could have done with out. Oh well.

OK. Crying over. Just needed to vent. :D

Here's how she's sittin now. Got a ways to go. :bike:

Attachments

• DSCN0859.jpg
    DSCN0859.jpg
    223.6 KB · Views: 132
Hey, Cal, took mine apart in '78. Stalled. I think I hold the record, so you're doin' fine...

Took apart in 78. :eek: Is that the apart bike in your sig.

Hell that's a year before I graduated high school. I feel like Speedy Gonzillis compared to you being Cecil the Turtle,,,,,lol.

Extra points to those that are old enough to remember those guys.

Back