your homebrew controls/switch mounts...pics or it didn't happen

very nice. i think i'm gonna try to homebrew my own. if it doesn't work out i'll be heading to ebay. thanks biggles and everyone!

To keep the bike safe I also added a digital guard dog unit (the relay style one's) and wired it up to the Pamco. This makes it so you cannot start the bike without the toggle being withing 8' or so of the bike.[/QUOTE]

Soooo..... This is probably a dumb question, but do the digital guard dogs work with a kick only bike and a PMA? I'm not too up on electrical systems.
They look like a great idea, and I'd love to try one out.

I can't justify buying the Posh ones for $80 when the switches are literally .50 cents a piece. So I started to hand shape a piece of aluminium I had around. This is where it sits now, I have to take a little bit off for final fitment get some switches in it and good to go!

Attachments

• photo 1 (1).jpg
    photo 1 (1).jpg
    190.9 KB · Views: 187
  • photo 3 (1).jpg
    photo 3 (1).jpg
    200.9 KB · Views: 201
I am a little concerned buying an electrical switch for under $7. Especially with the vibration our bikes are famous for. I found this switch for $35. I have not bought it yet so no practical experience to share.

http://www.highwaydirtbikes.com/HDB_Shop/index.php?app=ccp0&ns=catshow&ref=perchswitches

Very nice build for your wife, so if her bike is so sweet what are you riding?

'08 Yamaha Raider. 113 ci. :D Plan on building another xs for myself once I have a garage of my own again.
10172792_10202656740213296_1760607663_n.jpg

To keep the bike safe I also added a digital guard dog unit (the relay style one's) and wired it up to the Pamco. This makes it so you cannot start the bike without the toggle being withing 8' or so of the bike.

Soooo..... This is probably a dumb question, but do the digital guard dogs work with a kick only bike and a PMA? I'm not too up on electrical systems.
They look like a great idea, and I'd love to try one out.[/QUOTE]

Depends on where you wire it in. :)
I wired it so that it would interrupt the pamco signal. Basically means that without the digital guard dog getting turned on the coil will never receive a signal. They could kick the bike over all day long and it'll never start.

Also works as a bit of a fail safe for your pamco (at least before pete made the e-advance).

Clever as hell, Capt Zoom.
Might just give that a try...

Forgot to mention...keep an eye on JP cycles sales. Those digital guard dog units go on sale often for like $90-100.

Also if your looking to go even cheaper digital guard dog had a different unit that they used to to a parts shortage after the Japanese Tsunami in 2011. If you call them they might be willing to part with them for cheaper if they have any left. They weren't as popular but did have a small alarm speaker as part of the antitheft device.

Back