UK Bobber Build thread

Well a drab misty day but a day well spent in the shed!
Re-engineered the exhaust brackets as the originals, were, well crap :doh:

Made some simple brackets up, drilled to 10mm and tacked to the frame

100_2721.jpg

Got some alluminium strip and used a cut off from the exhaust as a form to get the radius

100_2722.jpg

Trimmed and drilled

100_2723.jpg

Polished

100_2724.jpg

On the bike - much better :thumbsup:

100_2725.jpg

The bike took its first foray out into daylight today too! Some snaps for posterity but mainly I wanted to see how the sidestand would lie.

100_2726.jpg

100_2730.jpg

It was a little high for my liking, so I cut it down, only by 1/4" and made a new plate for the bottom, made up a new kick peg and rounded it off with a nice little brass ball :D

100_2731.jpg

100_2732.jpg

100_2733.jpg

gotta agree with sub - the bike is looking sick, especially in bare metal!
Good work Paul.

Looks great Paul! Isn't it nice to get her outside for a good look? Your exhaust brackets turned out good. The sidestand looks like it fits good in the up position.

thats looking real good.:thumbsup:

Like the way the rear fender follows the tyre precisely and other attention to details. Its surprising how the eye is able to detect even tiny deviations and by the same measure , appreciate when things look spot on

I have admit I don't look forward to the wiring part.I'm not scared of it, there's just so much there!Paul had to break my bubble and tell me I had to run signals.:laugh:

Just a little job done today - I refurb'd the front brake disc. Rubbed it down and re-painted the internal carrier and managed to polish the bolt heads and retainer clips back to their former glory too. A bit anal I know but the devils in the detail :D

100_2734.jpg

100_2735.jpg

Exactly! Now what else can I buy........?
Actually, on my way down the country to meetings today I bought a load of auto electrical wire - red, blue and green too! :) plus a valve grinding tool as the last one ended up as the dogs stick!
So I'm ready to start thinking about wiring up!
Oh and a little chrome horn too!

Back