UK Bobber Build thread

Just a little more chrome!!! :)
Yes, why not - mine went on ebay!
I think ill start my wiring this weekend, just to see where things are going to route. I want to try and get as much as possible through the frame and as much as I can wired prior to strip down. Probably go as far as a startup before the engine comes out for strip.

Thanks John! Hope you managed to get some done too

I am Carbon - thank you for the comments, much appreciated. Yes. I would like to shake that chap by the hand!

So a little more done today - New 31 tooth sprocket fitted with refurb'd bolts. Fitted the chain, had to take about 10 links out. Got a nice new chrome gear lever too!

100_2736.jpg

100_2737.jpg

Made a little tab bracket up and got the horn mounted.

100_2738.jpg

Made a start on the wiring by making up a green LED in a grommet that locates in the bars to act as a neutral light.

100_2739.jpg

100_2740.jpg

100_2741.jpg

Also thought I would wire the headlight up. Then I discovered what I bought is a bit of a rip! Its a Bates style lamp, with what I thought was dip and main beam, it even had a little blue main beam indicator light on the top! Upon opening the unit up, one wire went to a bulb in the main body as per normal and the other to a bulb who's sole purpose it is to light the blue indicator light! Lesson learned - if its cheap - dont bother.

John, check yours out as I think you may have the same one if I recall.

Oh man! Yeah,I'll check mine out. Dang! Is it just a single element bulb?Do you have pic of that?
Your neutral led is pretty slick Paul.
I'm going to cut out my tube from the upper engine mount.I think it'll look better that way.
Man more chrome?:D:laugh:

Well hell, I'm really interested in seeing what's in mine.Why in the hell would there be a single element bulb in it? Do you think you can replace it with a duel element?
Yeah,I was looking at pics of my bike and thought that bar would look better gone.:thumbsup:

Git r done Sub xs650.:D Did you get your hardtail in yet? I've spent some money,but I'm also using as much of the original bike that I can.:thumbsup:

Thanks Sub XS! Get a wriggle on :)

Bucko, yeah I do - its great :)

So a little done today - Wiring!

John heres the images of that headlight unit - self explanatory I hope

100_2742.jpg

So the start of the wiring begins - running through frame partly.

100_2743.jpg

100_2744.jpg

Off for a pint now :)

Thanks Paul.I looked on mikesxs website last night and it states that the headlight has a H4 60/55 watt bulb. Mine also has three wires coming out of it. I'll check it out tomorrow. Your getting there with your wiring.Well I'm off to my little girls 10th birthday party.Have you checked out Radford119's frame question? Enjoy the pint man.

Happy bday to to John I did have the money for the hard tail but shit happends and had to pay bills lol so I'm doing what I can till tax time comes lol I got a free springer front end and a gas take to play with now

I'll check it out John! My light only has two wires, so I ink you might be lucky and have an H4
It was a very nice pint! Thank you! Have a fantastic time at the party! Jelly and ice cream! Yum :)

Back