UK Bobber Build thread

I no I was playing with mine in the car and hit the speedo icon at the bottom and a big speedo popped up and it realy close to how fast I was going in the jeep speedo

Yep, the registered speed on the sat nav is usuall a lot more accurate than the vehicle ones. Normally vehicle ones are set to read fast.

Im going to have a little look on line this eveninig at units that might fir with the look of the bike. I quite like the idea of old school bobber technology meeting cutting edge!

Or.......... I nice polished aluminuim cradle that would take my iphone running the sat nav app ....... hmmm - could that work??

That's an option!
I might investigate a lower profile alluminium one. I should be able to make one out of the ally plate I have, then polish it??? Hmmm job for the weekend

Oh a other Man doing wiring! Fun to be had by all:laugh:
What this iphone thing that a man has to have?:shrug:
Okay Guys just cause I like Yall I got to tell Ya that using a phone while riding can be hazardous to Your health:D
I know I know what your thinking but thats not what I mean.
What I mean is when the wife calls You. You can't say I was riding and didn't know that You called. :wink2:
That what I always say:laugh: which is true in my case phone in pocket

Well the frist idea was me useing my garmin GPS as a speedo and gsp in one and hot wiring the power cable in an Paul sead he's gonu try his I phone

All good guys! I still like the idea of using the iPhone as an instrument cluster. I am carbon, I here you! I'll have to see if there's an app that rejects e wife's attempts to call ;)

Haha I wish u could always put yr phone on favrets when u go rideing and it will only let ppl u have on yr favrets call u

So, the weather has turned quite poor here, which isn't condusive to going outside into the shed but I have had quite a productive day!

Up early and off to get some coal, shopping, wine and beer :) took a little longer than expected due to this lot!

100_1476.jpg

Back in the shed - I got the new H4 head lamp on, which I actually quite like!

100_2745.jpg

Put a nice shiny new PMA on!

100_2746.jpg

Went to start fitting the Boyer unit components and found that there seemed to be something not quite right with the camshaft and where the pick up shaft would sit. Basicall the hole was far too big! Looking at the other XS in the shed I found that there were bushes inserted in either end of the cam, from the factory by appearance and mine had none :( - maybe some thing to do with this one being a TCI bike??

100_2747.jpg

Any way, I machined some nice little alluminium, interference fit bushes, tapped them in and the pick up shaft seated a treat!

100_2748.jpg

100_2749.jpg

100_2751.jpg

Got the coil connected up, plug leads made up and the electric box back on.

100_2752.jpg

Paul that new headlight looks good on there.You went ahead and got a pma?
Dang it man! I'll have to do without for now.:D
Good work on the bushings.Hell your ready to fire up!:thumbsup:
Stay warm,looks to be a mess out there.:)

Hi John,

Yeah I ordered the PMA a while back when I got the shipment from TC Bros, thought I might as well :) The alternator on mine when I brought it home was just about shot any way.
Thanks, I'm please with them - sorted a little pain in the arse out:)
Yeah the weathers just getting worse today, snowing again now and its Beer 'O Clock!!! might take the quad to the pub :)

Yepers that headlight look damn good:thumbsup:
I was going to get a bullet light, till a good friend gave me a light off a harley:wtf: free is free. n I'm a cheap ass
and the snow looks cool :eek:
keep up the good work:thumbsup:
drink a pint for Me

Back