Bratstyle - Screw that, Let's Chop!

Punkskalar

Hugh's HandBuilt
Reaction score
Bratstyle is cool and all, but those fawkers are all 4 ft tall, and can't chop due to legal issues. Here in the US, we can!! So why not make a "American Bratstyle Chopper" using their influence and our rights to do so :D This bike is for a Friend/Customer

XS650 - A Work In Progress

Specs:

Bored to 750CC's using vintage racing pistons
Ported and Polished Head
Mikuni 34MM Carbs
Hugh's HandBuilt (thats me :D) frame
2" up, 1.25" out, Goosnecked Single Downtube, 1.5" Stretched Swingarm
Shaved and Lowered Forks
23" Front Wheel
Funky Lane Splitter Bars
Vintage Dirtbike Tank - High Mounted
Custom Seat Pan and Cover
Alloy Rear Fender
Off Road Go-Cart Shocks

Plans are to finish the charging system swap (Permanent Magnet) and get it wired up and running soon, then off to paint. Its wild, has a nice stance to it, and should be comfortable...

100_5497.jpg

100_5496.jpg

I like em' Skinny :cool:
100_5495.jpg

Tanks Mods
100_5501.jpg

Kick Ass Seat
100_5499.jpg

Tags: Hugh's HandBuilt Hand Built Hugh Owings XS650 Bratstyle Chopper Bobber Cafe Racer Cain Custom Hot Rod

Bumpity da bump... bump!:D

I love it - perfect for around where I live. Looks like a blast on back area dirt roads!

Give us some more pix of the final product:popcorn:

I'll have to agree on the Bratstyle.. they look great, super clean. But if rode one... my knees would be touching my ears. Really intruiged by your rephasing tutorial btw!:thumbsup:

I took over ownership of this bike a while back, it just sat way too long around the shop so I made the owner an offer and now it's mine...

I've changed to a drum rear wheel, got the front brakes working, got it running, swapped over the exhaust (not sure I like it yet...), put the PMA in, changed the rear fender, swapped out the headlight and started beating on this thing like a redheaded stepchild... It's a real fun ride!

Beat way to hard on the 6 pack clutch, so I machined it to fit 7 disks. Pulls wheelies much easier now.. :laugh:

577995_439744609408316_377364034_n.jpg

Last edited:
yo mamas were too loud for me....went with a GS 2-1 reverse cone meagaphone & runs much better without being a cop magnet...lol

Yeah, I really want to get a 2-1 to run properly on this bike, I've tried a Mac, a kirker and some unknown... They ALL have a terrible flat spot in the midrange. Swapped over to a 2-2 pipe and the bike runs 100% better, but for this bike I prefer the look of the low 2-1 pipe if I can get it to run properly...

I've been thoroughly abusing this bike, broke the frame (needs beefier shock mounts) so I cut that off and redid it... I guess hitting the box jump at the skate park repeatedly is a bit tough on her :laugh::laugh:

17890_4770125967116_1291787356_n.jpg

12601_4770128087169_1908994645_n.jpg

Back