1010cc cafe racer

If you haven't considered it already, the hi-ratio primary may reduce load on the kick starter.

Fyi, here's some head cutaways showing the steel combustion chamber insert:

Attachments

• HeadCutaway01.jpg
    HeadCutaway01.jpg
    146.1 KB · Views: 373
  • HeadCutaway02.jpg
    HeadCutaway02.jpg
    124.5 KB · Views: 362
  • HeadCutaway03.jpg
    HeadCutaway03.jpg
    127.4 KB · Views: 390
I like the pics. Real interesting machine you've got there. Would love to see pics of head and ports after it's been disassembled and cleaned. Ditto on that crank...

Don't plan on opening the bottom end yet, wasn't even planning on stripping the head.
But I suppose I'm gonna have to.

How will I know if they've ground too far?

From the cutaways you showed there seems to be quite a bit of 'meat' there, or should I just scrap it and start again?

Thanks again

Damn! No luck posting pics on my ipad, but lots of head pics in the album.

Still got to strip and clean, but there's plenty steel where the grinding was done.

Gonna be fine :)

Looks like a busy/fun place to hangout. I don't see any serious porting work in the head, may have been cleaned/smoothed though. The intake isn't port matched to the carb holder/spigot. The exhaust valves look to be custom (flat-faced), and oversize.

I spend way too much time there. And money. :)
My biggest fear is that my wife sells it for the price I told it's costing :)

Head still needs to be stripped.

I've never seen another head so I don't have any base to compare it to. Or anything else on the bike.

I'll post pics when the head is stripped.

We certainly plan to match the intake to the carb rubber thingies.

Thanks for all your input Twomany!

Looks like a busy/fun place to hangout. I don't see any serious porting work in the head, may have been cleaned/smoothed though. The intake isn't port matched to the carb holder/spigot. The exhaust valves look to be custom (flat-faced), and oversize.

Mine are flat-faced, but have the Yamaha logo. Did older models have a dish?
chamber ready to be molded.jpg

Back