1980 XS650G street tracker build

They're 10.5" burly slammers for a sportster, pretty much going to be rigid how stiff of a spring they are, and I weigh 140. I haven't measured uptravel but I think they will clear! Lol.

More of a bar hopper style bike than a cruiser.

Dude this is thoroughly excellent. I love the engine case finish. The seat is awesome. Stance is sweet!!! What exactly did you go with for the fuse setup? I basically got the same thing but I went with no relay. Just a hot fused wire with a 3 fuse block and plugs. Didn't see the need for the main relay.

Posted via Mobile

Burnt bronze cerakote. A little too weak IMO I wouldn't recommend cerakote for the cases but the cam cover and tappet covers will be fine. I imagine boot wear on the cases, but oh well.
It has an eastern beaver 3 fuse setup, little cigarette battery.

Relay just to take the load off that ignition switch really didn't need to do it. I have a HI off LOW toggle switch and a key switch on the battery box, no skill switch.

Hi 'zuki,
no kill switch? Lord knows I've never had to use mine and I don't see them as necessary
BUT
the law around here sez you gotta have one.
If the rule is the same where you are, the local traffic nazis are liable to pick on a distinguished looking bike like yours to try for an easy ticket.

Hi 'zuki,
no kill switch? Lord knows I've never had to use mine and I don't see them as necessary
BUT
the law around here sez you gotta have one.
If the rule is the same where you are, the local traffic nazis are liable to pick on a distinguished looking bike like yours to try for an easy ticket.

I will be very illegal so not worried about it. No turn signals, horn, fenders, going to be loud, speeding lol.

I got good luck with cops. They leave you alone if you drive nice stuff!

I got about 1.25" of tire clearance. I had my dad jump on it as I pushed down and it doesn't hit, that's good.. Ride is going to be stiff LOL

Back