2013 xs650 build off bikes

i think we're in the same idea mode thats why im not in that big rush. take'n my time with each part and make it as clean as i can. i love ratty hotrods but i've beat that horse to death time for something diffrent :laugh:

yes sir! me to...Im rat and rust til the day I die but I wanna show people I can make a pretty bike too lol.

Here's my december check in. Still breaking down, grinding, welding and mocking up. Settling on a color scheme and overall theme is always a challenge for me ha

I got the stud welded to my shifter last night... My seat springs came in and im buying all of the hardware for my springer today... I'll hopefully be shortening that tonight...

Attachments

• 20121201_075826.jpg
    20121201_075826.jpg
    304.6 KB · Views: 154
Com' on Rush! Do tell! We're all family! Did you get the pipes or the tank?

Either one is way cool! :thumbsup:

Was gonna put a pic up today of the first part install.........

Had to work............7th day in a row.

I can divulge this though....new spokes at Buchanan's cost me $124.00 WOW!

This front wheel is gonna soak me DAG.:yikes:

OK, december check in..... I found the perfect tank! BUT ITS NOT A SPORTY, PEANUT OR ALIEN, so I hope I don't get disqualified for not using "properly approved parts" lol..... actually its an OEM tank from another japanese manufacturer. It will be retunneled, and a flush mounted filler, along with a few nips and tucks. Frame and front end design are locked in, but not sure I wanna share just yet...

Chris

I found the perfect tank! BUT ITS NOT A SPORTY, PEANUT OR ALIEN, so I hope I don't get disqualified for not using "properly approved parts" lol..... actually its an OEM tank from another japanese manufacturer.

"properly approved parts" what the hell are those?...lol i may make my tank havent made i that far yet:D

"properly approved parts" what the hell are those?...lol i may make my tank havent made i that far yet:D

Well it just seems that if anyone builds an XS650 they are almost required by law to use a Sportster tank and a tc hardtail... lol, I appreciate that people build to their personal tastes, but it seems like so many people build the same bike. Thankfully, it seems as though the participants in this build-off are gonna build several different bikes. The majority of the XS chops I see are so similar, you'd think the factory built them en masse.
I am not building anything groundbreaking, but I doubt there will be another one like it, where ever I may take it.

AceofSpades i got a sporty tank on one of my xs's but it's wasnt my 1st choice let me say that but it turned out look'n good. and your rite alot of these bike where built on the idea of cheap and cool. so you get a tc hardtail and a sporty tank cuz those are cheap tanks and the tc hardtail where the only ones out there for the longest time but now there are alot more guys build'n xs650 so there are more people make'n parts just for xs's. this build off will show there are more then just those options for these bikes. at least i hope it does

Please, don't get me wrong, I don't look down on those builds, and I don't know it anyone else is going to like my build. I have just always been the type to go against the grain. I like doing things that are not expected, or not the "popular" way for things to be done.
I am, by no means, an expert, or an accomplished veteran builder (this is my first bike, and first full custom build). I look forward to following everyone's builds, and meeting those that make it to Ohio in August... come to think of it, I hope I make it....
I have seen some of the wildest, craziest, and innovative builds on this forum, as well as the 650chopper.com. I hope to be one of the next well liked builds, and I hope this can help me to prove to myself, and others, that my brother and I can build worthy bikes. We are putting max effort, and minimal money, into this build. We call our shop "$pare Change Custom$" the name comin.g from the fact that we scrape by paycheck to paycheck, and litterally use spare change to build our toys.
Sorry, got a little OT.... point is that I didn't mean the previous comments as an insult, somebody has GOT to develop a SCARCASM font....

your cool i was just tell'n you why there are a shit load of those bikes out there. and i have no doubt you will make it and if we all didnt go against the grain we'd all be have'n a biggest wheel and best paint on a streetglide contest...lol and that hardtail your brew'n up is not the norm but it's got a cool look to it and i cant wait to see it go'n down the road

All new hardware...I machined all new bushings and spring stops... As well as made a new top clamp for it

**also I've been blessed with a really nice package from HHB so I can't wait to get that! I'll post pics when it arrives...

Attachments

• 20121203_085831.jpg
    20121203_085831.jpg
    204.1 KB · Views: 131
  • 20121203_085109.jpg
    20121203_085109.jpg
    190.4 KB · Views: 145
  • 20121203_085129.jpg
    20121203_085129.jpg
    229.2 KB · Views: 130
  • 20121203_085118.jpg
    20121203_085118.jpg
    188.8 KB · Views: 142
All new hardware...I machined all new bushings and spring stops... As well as made a new top clamp for it

**also I've been blessed with a really nice package from HHB so I can't wait to get that! I'll post pics when it arrives...

it looks better then when tom had it in springfeild :thumbsup:

Back