2015 Yamaha kick-only EFI equipped SR400 in the USA?

At $6000 there's not much bang for the buck in the Yam 400. You'd pay a lot less for a lightly used Suzuki DRZ400SM and get a lot more--inverted fork, adjustable damping front and rear, first rate frame and swing arm, and a rugged liquid cooled motor that actually performs. Of course you don't get "the look" with the Suzuki, so if you're more interested in a fashion statement than the ride, the Zook won't appeal to you at all.

At $6000 there's not much bang for the buck in the Yam 400. You'd pay a lot less for a lightly used Suzuki DRZ400SM and get a lot more--inverted fork, adjustable damping front and rear, first rate frame and swing arm, and a rugged liquid cooled motor that actually performs. Of course you don't get "the look" with the Suzuki, so if you're more interested in a fashion statement than the ride, the Zook won't appeal to you at all.

I bought a DRZ400SM when they first came out. What a gutless turd. Gas mileage wasn't good and the front wheel would wobble like a busted shopping cart at speed. It was stolen three months after I bought it. Good riddance.

I saw a 2015 model on display in the Yamaha tent at the Indianapolis GP today. All I could stare at was the 10" tall black plastic tumor of a few pump located on the leading edge of the left engine case. Google an image of the 2015 model and let me know your thoughts.

mrriggs, I wouldn't question your experience for a minute, but you must have gotten a very bad lemon. There are a few of those machines around my area, and they're seriously quick.

mrriggs, I wouldn't question your experience for a minute, but you must have gotten a very bad lemon. There are a few of those machines around my area, and they're seriously quick.

No doubt they can be made to be quick, but start adding up what it costs to do a big bore, FCR carb, full exhaust, cams, etc. If you're willing to spend that kind of money on a street legal dirt bike then you are better off just buying a KTM, Husky, or Aprilia. Or, if your state allows it, just slap a license plate and DOT tires on a CRF450.

not bad, but I would give my left nut for a kawasaki w650. Those things are so hard to find.

Back