71-72 tank on a 77?

Yourboychrisc

ObXSessed
Reaction score
Is it a direct swap? I love the angular lines of the early tanks. Does anyone know if I need to do anything to make it work?

thanks xoxoxoxoxoxo

I can't recall right at the moment whether the older tanks are longer or shorter but they are a different length. Maybe relocating the front mount cups on the frame will be enough.
Leo

I have a bone stock tank from a 1971 if you need dimensions ............... drop a line and let me know, I can go out there and measure it from center of the front frame mounts to the tail rubber hole mount

I have a bone stock tank from a 1971 if you need dimensions ............... drop a line and let me know, I can go out there and measure it from center of the front frame mounts to the tail rubber hole mount

hey, not sure but do you maye have a second tank of a XS1 or. XS2 which you would sale? would be great!

cheers berny

They can be made to fit with a little pushing and shoving. This is (or was) a 79 special II

stevedale.jpg

You may have to move some stuff, the tunnel on the early tanks is narrow.
Steve calls the bike "Lucky", in one summer it was t-boned by a Buick while he rode it and backed over by a pickup in a parking space,
no major damage either time.

hey guys,

maye some of you know a place where i can get a xs1 or xs2 tank like the pic above...
would be great!!!!! Each hint is welcome...

cheers berny

If I told you I'd have to..... The maker usually brands his work but removed it from this pipe because he didn't want to have to build another one. He does awesome work, I saw a race SV650 chromoly frame he built, it's a work of art. That 71 tank bike will be at the Slimy Crud run tomorrow.

Back