There are front hubs from other Yamaha's of this vintage that are false friends, they look the same, but are narrower in several critical dimensions. Short version; 650cc and up shared hub dimensions, the smaller bike hubs are narrower.
Exsample, so a 750 could fit if it's in the same year bracket?

Maybe you can answer this. I am thinking a 21" front spoke. Do you know if their is a 21" rim that will fit the front hub off a 73-84 hub? (Dont want to deal with harley troubles and fuckery!)

yeah the distance from hub to rim makes spoke hole angles less of an issue than with the 16's and 18's. Too bad mikes dropped the sets, they made for an easy plug and play lace up.
Wanted to build a bike around the 21" HS front I built but a member just "had to" have it.
wheely 002.JPG
Now mikes doesn't have the 21 HS rims.

yeah the distance from hub to rim makes spoke hole angles less of an issue than with the 16's and 18's. Too bad mikes dropped the sets, they made for an easy plug and play lace up.
Wanted to build a bike around the 21" HS front I built but a member just "had to" have it.
View attachment 124627
Now mikes doesn't have the 21 HS rims.

The 21" looks amazing. I saw this build lastnight while debating on a hardtail. I'm pretty much sold. I'm loving the Japan style choppers

Attachments

• 20180820_091526.jpg
    20180820_091526.jpg
    522.1 KB · Views: 163
Back