For Sale - 82 special 2, running project bike Charlotte NC. $700.

srinath

XS650 Enthusiast
Reaction score
Link to my CL ad. http://charlotte.craigslist.org/mcy/2299024878.html
Call 704 724 3878 for details.

Brief history.
The bike came to me as a running xs that didn't charge summer of 09. I followed the troubleshooting process till I found and then replaced the rotor. That was early 10, and I lost good spark. I also was in a wreck on another bike and stopped working on the xs till, 3 weeks ago. Found and fixed the no spark issue, and it now runs great.

Now its a runner, but just barely. All the non required parts - headlight, dash, side panels, rear fender, tail light, air box have all been pulled off and are in boxes. Nothign has been cut or welded, not even the relay and side stand switches.

The bike is ready for your creative vision. I anticipate anyone can fit it back together easy with the exception of the guage cluster. I will fit it back together @ pick up if you need it. Most people run tiny tach or a digital guage system with their builds, so why bother.

Anyway xs650 only price is $625, no less, I have clear NC title in my name. Pick it up and you're off to the races. Not getting away from xs'es, just away from stock xs'es, the one I build will be goobered up with my ideas.
Cool.
Thanks.
Srinath.

Last edited:
Nice
How long would you hold it if i bought it. Going down that way in a couple weeks to pick up other bikes. How far are you from Myrtle Beach? I have a friend there.

I spoke to Hugh a couple hours ago, sorry guys the bike is sold.
DaddyGcycles - I'm driving through jersey in a few days. Funny huh.

OK now that I started this whole snoball rolling -

I've got a rephased crank, and the entire motor - apart, that motor I never had running, I got it with it in stuck state. Kicking, cranking or turning by hand all lead to the same nada.

I took it apart expecting to find Pistons locked to the wall ... nope clean and shiny. So I took those off and the thing spun over free.

So it may have a transmission problem, it may have a starter gear that isn't engaging too well - mystery. Crank is 277 deg, cams are not done yet. Crank is balanced and welded @ every pin.

Anyway the frame needs to be titled, there is an near complete xs in that collection of parts. The significant missing parts are carbs, forks, wheels and brakes I believe. I do have a swingarm though. Oh yea no ignitor box. Anyway cant use it its a 277. I can show you how to use a virago 920 ignitor box, and I ahve one of those. But rotor etc swap has to be done and what not.

Anyway till winter its going to sit, so I could let it fly for $400. All the parts are fairly well weathered but sound. Guages etc are a bit damaged but you should be able to get 1 good guage set off the bits I got easy.
Anyway if anyone wants it let me know.

Cool.
Srinath.

Last edited:
Had to let Hugh grab that one. It was in his back yard.
Coming across ferry or driving up RT 95?
HUGH any parts that you are not keeping let me know
I was only buying it for wheels /front end/frame /electronics
I know you are keeping frame So let me know.

Last edited:
Glad it didn't go to asheville, nothing against punkskalar, but its right now less than 20 miles from me, and I see it tommorow when I go to notorize the title.

DaddyG - I'm driving up 95 all the way to brooklyn and driving all the way back, I'm stopping @ several places along the way but the general idea is I 95 all the way.
Cool.
Srinath.

In about a month I'll have the basket case re assembled titled and I'll be riding or selling it. Or both.

Cool.
Srinath.

Back